Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Naked and Hott.

14K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  nb_mitch 
#1 ·
Here is a new offering from Honda Brazil. Very interesting. Maybe they will keep upping the cc's on there single cylinders and give us a 350 or 450 cbr. I perfectly happy with my 250cc but if they kept the weight down with a few more cc's it would make things quite interesting! I like the lack of fairing too.

Honda CB300R

See less See more
#7 ·
Finned head + oil cooler and no radiator, it's not a water cooled engine.

No indication on whether it's carburated or fuel injected.

#9 ·
From the article. Air cooled FI.

Honda CB300R is powered by an air cooled 291cc, 4-valve double overhead camshaft, 4 stroke and single cylinder engine. This engine will give power about 26hp @7500rpm and a torque of 2.9 kgm at 6000 rpm. Equipped with Honda’s Electronic PGM-FI system, the 143kg bike (dry) will have big possibility to enter the European market considering this Honda’s FI make the engine green and passing the Euro emission regulation.

'njoy,
awk

#22 ·
A practical, useful looking machine, that looks quite good too.

I wonder if the Brazilian bike will run on straight ethanol (no gasoline) ?
Probably; they have been using biofuel there for years. OK if you have plenty of land to grow the stuff to make it, but I am not convinced that it is all that eco-friendly.

Air cooled???? Rear drum brake????
WTF No Thanks
Nothing wrong with that. It keeps things nice and simple, and they work just fine. Most motorcycles I have ridden have been air cooled and have had drums front and rear.

#24 ·
It's in Brazil so that's probably R$, not USD. Do some currency conversion and you'll probably think that's a pretty good price versus the North American price of the 250. Keep in mind as well vehicle prices in Brazil are hella higher than they are here too, just check the Brazil price of a vw golf and your jaw will drop, I guarantee it. If you think you get raped on consumer goods versus Asia and Europe, look no further than Brazil for consolation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.