Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Update:

Got the handle bend corrected. The issue was with the handle tree or T. It was bent. The mech got it sorted out. Plus have changed the rear tyre to Apollo H1 150/60 R17. Changed the front tyre to stock size from Apollo as well.
The cornering and grip has improved phenomenally from the earlier contigo tyres. The earlier tyres use to skid a bit on cornering.

Time to put some miles on it now.
Have you replaced the radiator fan as well. What I heard from part supplier that, CBR250R fan get damaged from center (where it was attached to Fan motor), due to which fan stuck to back side of radiator.

Same thing happened to me, i was getting the voltage (after removing the coolant sensor), so i asked for radiator fan assembly but then spare parts person told me the above story.

· Registered
49 Posts
The fan may have come off the axis. From what I've seen, this connection is very delicate, but also very strong (relative to the forces applied there), but maybe that's what happened to your fan, that the fan came loose from the axis and stuck to the radiator ribs?
I have ordered the fan (requires min. 20 atleast due to parts shortage here in India), once the fan arrive i will open start removal process and update the results with photos.

· Registered
49 Posts
As far as I understand what you lost there is the small hex nut, you need an M3 nut there (LINK). And you need to check that the D shape axis has not worn out, and if so, then you need to use Green Loctite 680. Loctite or equivalent.
View attachment 46050
View attachment 46049
So mean to say, I can fix this using Loctite 680 and M3 nut, that's great fix. But need precision so that fan rotate staight (perpendicular to motor axis). Anyway ordered the fan (which is really cost real cheap).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts