Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
I fully recommend shifting one gear at a time. Some of the bikes I have driven would let you shift to whatever gear you wanted while others would have me shift one gear at a time.

I haven't tested it on the CBR, but if you can imagine what would happen if you were riding at 100km/h then shifted into 1st then released the clutch. It may be a safety feature, or it may need an adjustment. It's the middle of winter right now so I won't be able to try mine out for a while. I'll give an update when I get a chance.

Congrats on the bike! Once it's been sorted, it should last you many years.

· Registered
116 Posts
The bike is back from mechanic and oh boy its now butter smooth. All the niggles have been sorted out. However it seems the handle is little inwards from left side. The weird thing is while the bike is stationary the handle seems perfect but once you start riding it seems the handle bar is little inwards towards fuel tank. I am not sure whether this is my imagination or my OCD but it seems it is what it is. Any tips on checking and correcting the same?
Either your handlebar is bent or your forks.

Handlebar(s) are the most likely issue and they are easy and cheap to fix. I replaced a bent handlebar when I bought mine. These are trainer bikes, they get dropped a lot. They are inexpensive and is only 1 bolt to remove plus switches and grips. I paid $31 plus shipping for original Honda brand.

The second could be bent forks. They are more expensive but not bank-breaking. I believe there are 6 bolts per side to remove plus an axle and you would need to lift the bike. Additionally, if one fork is slightly higher than the other it could cause some performance issues too. You should be able to see this at the triple-tree.

A 3rd but unlikely problem could be the inside the forks themselves, maybe the fluid in one fork has deteriorated much faster than the other. It is also possible someone has tried to make repairs and cut a spacer slightly too long or short.

Again, it's almost certainly the handlebar. Look there first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts