Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ,

I'm new in thins forum, and I already have a question, perhapes only for those who use a navigationsystem with headphones. I just bought a TomTom Urban Rider for my cbr and now I'm searching some headphones. Which one would you recommend? Has anyone already tryed the Jabra BT3030 or the SonyEricsson MW600?

Thanks Alex :)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I use Shure E2c in ear phones every day as hearing protection and for music but they are discontinued and replaced by the expensive 425 which gets mixed reviews.
Shure SE425 | HeadRoom Audio
You must have something with a right angle exit of the cable so they can fit safely inside a helmet. The $40 Dennon AH-C360 looks like a good deal though you may want to use a foam tip. I use foam ear plugs with a hole burned through by a hot nail.
Denon AH-C360 - In-Ear Headphones | HeadRoom Audio
Ultimate Ears UE 700
Hearing protection while riding any sport bike with a small windscreen is essential regardless of how quiet you think your helmet is if you don't want to damage your hearing in later years.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Even thought they've been discontinued seems like you can still find Shure E2c units for sale:
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-E2c-Sound-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0000CE1UO
Great find. I wondered how many might be left over. At $90 I might grab another set for back up. That is half of what I paid many years ago. 800 good reviews too. When these came out, there were maybe 10 models to choose from aside from the $1000 custom moulded units in use by musicians and newsmen. Now, way too many to sort through. I have no idea which of the newer in ear monitors to recommend and trying to research reviews online has proven totally daunting on many repeated attempts. My E2c's are the best sounding headphone I own easily beating way too many to name, Sennheiser HD545, HD565, HD497, HD477, HD212Pro, Grado SR60 ect. I have been an avid audiophile for 25 years. They are a pain to put in though so you can't use them in an office setting where you have to take them in and out. On an airplane or a motorcycle, a good in ear monitor can't be beat.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Use your ears to listen to your bike and what is going on around you; it could save your life.

Earplugs to attenuate noise and protect your hearing when riding on the open road..... yes. But you have enough to concentrate on without jiving to the latest sounds, or chatting with your pillion or other riders while you ride.

Then maybe I am not as good at multi-tasking as today's tech savvy generation, so call me a stupid old git if you disagree.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was thinking about purchasing the LG Tone (HBS-700) Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset (
). I read some good reviews from riders. It appear to avoid the need for having wires run from your helmet to the bike. Instead, they just go to the part around your neck.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Use your ears to listen to your bike and what is going on around you; it could save your life.
True. Listening while riding is another advanced riding technique and falls into "might as well" for highway commuters. There is so much wind noise on a naked or sport bike above 100kph that the amount of useful information coming to you from your ears is very minimal anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the fast replys.
@ Michael, that's also my opinion, that you should listen to the bike and what is going on around, but I only want one ear plug, to unuderstand my TomTom, ontherwise I have to look at the navi all the time. I don't need to listen to musik or chatting with friends while I'm driving.

Alex ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Skullcandy Asym Earbuds! This is a more anatomically-designed earbud, with 13mm drivers, that really deliver the low-end, and interchangeable "Sili-tips", to custom fit your ears.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm using a Jabra Clipper, clipped on to my helmet strap, connected to a pair of speakers (ripped out of a Sennheiser headphone) that I've embedded into my helmet. A single charge lasts about 4 hours, a little low perhaps due to the large speakers. Bluetooth connectivity is intermittent when the charge drops. I use the setup mostly for music, sometimes for GPS navigation and to answer calls in an emergency. The good thing about this is that I just wear my helmet as usual and everything just works. No extra wires hanging around, no Bluetooth device hanging around my neck, no bulky microphone visible outside and no need to connect in ear drivers either.
Jabra Clipper ~ $50
Sennheiser PMX 90 ~ $50
About half of the Sena SMH10 and is discreet.
Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts