Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly 6 months to the day I put my CBR away for the winter.

We're currently going through a really warm stretch for mid-March. Most of our snow is gone. I ventured out to the Quonset where I store my bikes for the long white and uncovered them.

Before I could get either out I need to rebuild the front brakes on the FJR which took most of what was left of the day. While doing it, their seemed to be a never ending stream of bikes going past. DAMMT!

This morning, they called for 22C and Sunny. I still wasn't finished with the brake rebuild. It'd have to wait. I put the battery fresh off the Battery Tender into the bike, pushed it outside and thumbed the starter. The bike sprang to life like I rode 6 minutes ago, not 6 months ago. Gotta like fuel injection and Honda's!

WooF'nhoo!

I got in about 150Km and MY GOD DID I NEED THAT.

Sadly, the bike is back in the storage hut for at least another few weeks. But the end is near!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Bungie,

I'm from Sudbury too and I plan on picking up a CBR from Northstar Rec in a month or so .. I was just wondering where you got yours from?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Bungie,

I'm from Sudbury too and I plan on picking up a CBR from Northstar Rec in a month or so .. I was just wondering where you got yours from?
Northstar! The only other option is RL Equipment in Verner (and I love that dealership).

I was in the market for one but was having a hard justifying the cost for what amounts to a commuter for me. So I bought a low mileage 94 250 Ninja. Turns out it was a hoot to ride except the seat is a torture device. One day the clutch cable broke and when I went into Northstar they had just got their Honda's in and were still pushing them out on to the floor.

I noticed one was an ABS which, when I was shopping was all but unobtainable. Long story short, that clutch cable cost me a little over $5G's :D I don't regret it for a second.

Are you a new rider? If so, get yourself in enrolled in the course at Cambrian or Boreal.

·
Registered
501 Posts
We've had some pretty dry days in Idaho. Wont say warm , but warm enough to ride some. Got in 30 miles today. Was 45 degrees here & in next town 32 degrees. Froze my butt off but the ride was worth it. Supposed to snow next week, sucks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Northstar! The only other option is RL Equipment in Verner (and I love that dealership).

Are you a new rider? If so, get yourself in enrolled in the course at Cambrian or Boreal.
Did Northstar crack you a deal? I was just there last weekend and the CBR's are flying out the doors apparently so I was just wondering if there's a little room to get a better deal..? They seem like good people there.

I'm brand new to riding, my plan was to bomb around copper cliff for a few weeks to get my bearings then get enrolled in a class so I can commute to work (Work nights)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did Northstar crack you a deal?
Not really, they ate the dealer prep, but otherwise, full pin + tax + lic fee.

The only time most dealers in Canada will cut you a deal is either off season when their starving or if the manufacturer has a deal on. Considering Honda has been pushing the bike like crazy at the bike shows (their was one in T.O. this past weekend) I'd imagine their is some sort of deal to be had. Otherwise, were entering prime sales season for them. Forget 'deal' unless your going to wait till next winter LOL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts