Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help, is there a way to make the highbeam switch inoperable on a 2012 cbr250? I'd assume they're all the same inside on all bikes, i installed an aftermarket headlight, and when i engage the highbeam switch the light blows the fuse, the light is a cree led bar which doesn't get any brighter with highs on, so essentially the highbeam function only causes me a blown fuse and extra work, and i keep hitting the dam switch on accident driving. Hoping it's possible the split the casing and disconnect a soldered wire to make the highs not work, but need to know what wire to disconnect...I'd like the horn, and turn signals and anything else on the left controls to still function, just want the highs inoperable so i stop blowing that fuse. Thanks in advance fellow riders

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Hi Baller111 and welcome to the forum. I don't think I've ever accidentally engaged high beam in 4.5 years of ownership. o_O
I'm afraid I've never opened the switch but maybe someone else here can help you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You could always pull the bulb out and unplug it bend the highbeam tab and plug back in with that tab bent over not making contact. Keeps you from altering the bike further. In my mind you got something else going on, but I don't know what you did to hook up that light bar.
-Aph

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pull what bulb out? There's a cree led bar now, no bulbs. I spliced the wiring on the headlight harness to wire it in...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock bulb, and headlight is gone, the issue is the voltage being drawn when i initiate highbeams, i need to break the contact so that it is a false/ dummy swith and draws no current, just hoping sometime with more knowledge can verify that it is the blue wire in the control switch that i need to disconnect and that nothing else will be harmed by doing so i.e loss of turn signals or brake light

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I don't know where you live, but if it's in the US you're probably not going to be able to pass inspection without demonstrating that your headlight has both a functioning low AND high beam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts