Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can get the pieces that hold the mirrors onto the frame? Whoever put the mirrors on my bike used loctite and now they're impossible to get off.

http://www.jeffreyhonda.com.au/downloads/HONDA/18KYJB01.pdf

If you use that link there's a parts manual. On page 115 it shows the mirrors and a bolt going in (Part 20). I don't need the actual mirrors, just the piece on the bottom that holds them to the frame (so I can use replacement mirrors I've already purchased).

PS: My dealer is a rip-off, they charged me $100 for the tank pad and gas cap cover together... so I'm looking for either the part numbers, or a place to purchase them online.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part #20 is just the bolt, not the mirrors (parts 16 & 17)

20 90130-KPP-T00 BOLT, SOCKET, 6X13 •••••••••• 4

If you had one you might be able to get them from a hardware store too.
Yeah I know #20 is the bolt, I can't find the # for the bottom piece though. Basically... the bottom piece is stuck to the mirror because they used loctite on the bolt. I can't remove the bolt from the piece that I need (tried drilling and everything, they used the green loctite). Only other way to remove the bolt is by heating it up over 400*F which would end up destroying the pieces anyways.

Parts 16/17 are the mirrors, but I don't need the actual mirrors, just the piece that connects them to the frame.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
That bolt/mount is not meant to be separated. it allows the mirrors to swing back so the mirror does not break.

So if you want this part separated, ACCURATELY centrepunch, then drill out from the underneath then re-tap the thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts