Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Need Help From Australian Community

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  killstrelok 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have a friend in Melbourne Australia who wants get into big(er) bikes I suggested him the CBR250 (ofcourse) but he was told that this bike can't go on the high ways... is this true?:confused::confused: he said the Speed Limit on the High Way is 110km and the CBR can easily reach that.

they are telling him to get the Suzuki GS500F Im worried they are trying to rip him off:mad:

Anyhelp Is much apriciated, Flex

#2 ·
I've just recently gotten my Learners and just about to get my Red P's.

This is complete BS, If this were true it would have been in the test. Get him to ring the RTA and ask them. I've taken my bike on Highways/Freeways for work and recreation, ridden past many a highway patrol car and not once have i been pulled over or even taken notice of.

There making BS So they can sell him a more expensive bike.

#3 ·
Thank you I had a feeling it was lol.. He is getting his learners permit soon aswell and he wanted to get a big 600cc bike but he wasn't allowed yet so I told him just to stick with the CBR250r then upgrade to something bigger.

Thanks again for the info I'm gonna pass this on to him, BTW he is Korean lol when finds out they we're trying to rip him off hes goanna go K on them haha:p:D

#4 ·
Victoria has LAMS , every state but WA has it in fact.
So some 500 and 650 bikes fall into the learner/restricted licence category on power/weight specs.

And the GS500 is no performer either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.