Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is by sheer luck I found this Forum and I have spent a lot of time reading about the CBR250R and it seems there is still a lot of love for this Bike
I am looking to purchase a second hand CBR250R which is 2011 and has done 29000 kms
Is that a good number?

What additional costs should I be worried about after I get this bike as I plan to use it for another 5 years or so.

Is there anything I should know beforehand while checking out the motorcycle?

I'm 6'1 about 199 pounds (90kilos)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
(SNIP)
I am looking to purchase a second hand CBR250R which is 2011 and has done
29000 kms Is that a good number?
What additional costs should I be worried about after I get this bike as I plan to use it for another 5 years or so.
Is there anything I should know beforehand while checking out the motorcycle?

I'm 6'1 about 199 pounds (90kilos)
That's about 18,000 mi, which isn't an issue if it has been maintained properly.

At this point it needs new tires if they are more than 5 years old or so. Good tires are important.

Look at the chain and sprockets. If they are a mess it tells you that much of the basic maintenance may not have been done. Look inside the tank for rust. Look at the condition of the oil. Listen to it run - does it sound good?

At about 200 pounds you are not going to get much in the way of acceleration from the 250. It's going to take a while to get to highways speeds and the CBR isn't the best for extended high speed riding.

If that's not an issue, then no problem - just something to consider depending on your needs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do check out online website for overall idea. Search from different cities location to get fair idea about what should be current buying price with respect to km reading. Buying an old CBR250R is definitely worth as there is no comparison of this to any other 250cc available in India. It will be great help to you if source cbr mechanic at the time of first visit (just visit big Honda workshop and ask for expert mechanic) 200-300rs can save you from big trouble.
If haven't heard the name Xbhp forum, do visit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just for example
Today normal price in russia - 160000 -180000 russian rubls. ( 2011-2013 / 15000-25000 kms )

·
Registered
Honda CBR250RA 2012
10 Posts
I purchased a cbr250ra 18months ago. I've never had abs cut in but I noticed the calliper is a six piston off a hot hatch (most probably). It certainly has impressive stopping power that has prevented a certain collision from occurring. A Honda CRV pulled out in front of me and I was so sure that we would collide. But I pulled up with a metre to spare. Fewwww. For this reason I would definately recommend the abs model.

·
Registered
227 Posts
these bikes can go 100000km easily with routine maintenance. After purchase, plan on doing all maintenance items: oil, coolant, brake-fluid, brake-pads, tyres, etc. Never know when something was skipped by previous owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts