Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
Thanks for the forums for us to have a place to go with questions that can be answered.
I just bought a 2012 CBR250R yesterday.. It's in perfect condition with only 7500km on her.
I noticed the only thing is that was wrong is there is no spot on the back for the license plate and it seems to be missing the fender that the plate goes onto.

Can anyone suggest what I should get for it? a cheaper aftermarket one or a place I can buy a used OEM?
Do I just need a plate holder for it to pass a safety inspection or do I need the fender as well? Do I have to have the red rear round reflectors on the sides of it and the rectangle one on the back of it?
Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Maybe someone will post a photo of what should be there.

After you figure that out, start looking for a new set of tires. Those look done.

If they are original, they are really done...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

After you figure that out, start looking for a new set of tires. Those look done.

If they are original, they are really done...
Thanks for the input jkv,
I think it is because the pic was taken at night and had some dirt on them from the driveway. The tires to me seemed to be decent and still had the little rubber spikes all around them.. The bike just had a safety done on it last year from previous owner and was only driven 31km since that safety was completed.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Thanks for the input jkv,
I think it is because the pic was taken at night and had some dirt on them from the driveway. The tires to me seemed to be decent and still had the little rubber spikes all around them.. The bike just had a safety done on it last year from previous owner and was only driven 31km since that safety was completed.
Even if they look good, you should still confirm their age.

The production date is 4 numbers in an oval on the sidewall like "2610". The first 2 are the week of the year (26th week), the second are the last 2 digits of the year of production (2010). Most riders will tell you that at 5 years, no matter the tread depth or look of the tire, they are ready to be replaced. Rubber dries out with time, and after a certain point the tire has given up a good portion of its available traction.

I've replaced new OEM cycle tires with 500 mi on them, because they were not good. I've done the same with brand-new OEM car tires after about 1000 mi because they were not good enough in the snow (rated as "unusable" by TireRack - below "poor") . I've also replaced another set of name brand car tires after only 3 years and less than 30,000 mi because they had dried out and lost too much of their original traction.

My point is - don't skimp on tires. They are important.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even if they look good, you should still confirm their age.

The production date is 4 numbers in an oval on the sidewall like "2610". The first 2 are the week of the year (26th week), the second are the last 2 digits of the year of production (2010). Most riders will tell you that at 5 years, no matter the tread depth or look of the tire, they are ready to be replaced. Rubber dries out with time, and after a certain point the tire has given up a good portion of its available traction.

I've replaced new OEM cycle tires with 500 mi on them, because they were not good. I've done the same with brand-new OEM car tires after about 1000 mi because they were not good enough in the snow (rated as "unusable" by TireRack - below "poor") . I've also replaced another set of name brand car tires after only 3 years and less than 30,000 mi because they had dried out and lost too much of their original traction.

My point is - don't skimp on tires. They are important.
Thanks for the info! I will definitely check that out!

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
56 Posts

The tires to me seemed to be decent
The depth of the tire grooves should be at least 2 millimeters/
It's seems that in your rear tire, the grooves in the center are almost non-existent.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Lose the remnants of the stock fender and install a Yoshimura fender eliminator that will re-position those rear turn signals and give you a much cleaner look. Not the cheapest rear fender tidy you can buy, but worth every penny.
I have to say (if nobody else will) that I find your choice of profile pics offensive. I don't know what the Confederate Battle Flag means to you, but most people in 2021 recognize it as an enduring symbol of systemic racism that should have disappeared long ago. Displaying the flag of traitors and insurrectionists who were defeated in their attempt to preserve human slavery is not something to be proud of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still pretty common to see down south, but not so much in Canada...
That is right jkv -- though some of us have relatives that went through the war. To most of us that fly and support it -- it represents heritage rather than racisms. Everyone wants a reason to cry about something and will use anything and everything to do so... I find "gays" offensive and you don't see me ridiculing them and voicing an opinion every time I see one.

Regardless, thanks for the help yall...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
though some of us have relatives that went through the war. To most of us that fly and support it -- it represents heritage rather than racisms.
"The battle flag was never adopted by the Confederate Congress, never flew over any state capitols during the Confederacy, and was never officially used by Confederate veterans' groups. The flag probably would have been relegated to Civil War museums if it had not been resurrected by the resurgent KKK and used by Southern Dixiecrats during the 1948 presidential election.
It is no accident that Confederate symbols have been the mainstay of white supremacist organizations, from the Ku Klux Klan to the skinheads. They did not appropriate the Confederate battle flag simply because it was pretty. They picked it because it was the flag of a nation dedicated to their ideals: 'that the ***** is not equal to the white man'. The Confederate flag, we are told, represents heritage, not hate. But why should we celebrate a heritage grounded in hate, a heritage whose self-avowed reason for existence was the exploitation and debasement of a sizeable segment of its population?"
Southern historian Gordon Rhea, 2011

1 - 15 of 15 Posts