Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a rough idea of where the neutral wire is?

I'm wiring up my Gear Indicator and everything works great but i need to find the neutral wire so the indicator knows when it's in neutral.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Nup I'm not biting on this one.. noo siree...

and I promise I wont ask wtf do ya need a gear position indicator for coz mine came with a big dial between the bars.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The neutral switch itself is located on the left lower side of the engine case immediately in front of the gearshift spindle (that piece coming out the side of the engine that your gearshift arm fits on). Trace the wire up.

As Aufitt implied, true motorcycle masters always know which gear they're in. Obviously you're not one of them, but then neither am I. Wish I had one. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The neutral switch itself is located on the left lower side of the engine case immediately in front of the gearshift spindle (that piece coming out the side of the engine that your gearshift arm fits on). Trace the wire up.

As Aufitt implied, true motorcycle masters always know which gear they're in. Obviously you're not one of them, but then neither am I. Wish I had one. :D
Fantastic, I'll have a look for that tonight.

Im No master, i try to keep track of what gear im on by counting my shifts in my head, to have a visual indication of what gear im in will help with that im hoping.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You could just go to the neutral light wire...since that comes from the neutral switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts