Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordering from Amazon is going to be easier than the other manufacturer.

ari henning runs 15-34 on his cbr300r race bike so it's not just for Eco commuters doing 75 plus.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aufitt says he launches from 2nd, so I don't understand exactly why that taller gearing "never" helps even happened. ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

was that trolling or what?

Either way, Unless you're riding an electric bike, gearing is always a compromise.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not sure if you guys are aware but the front sprockets for the XR250 off road bike are the same as the CBR's. Here in New Zealand I can pick one up for the equivalent of USD$15. Cheaper than getting PMP to make one surely.

I'm running the same 15/34 gearing as Ari Henning on my 300R. On a flat road in calm conditions I can pull 102MPH (checked with GPS) with about 500RPM to spare before redline.
I'm just not as fast round the bends as he is...:grin2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sweet, I'm interested on more info on this. Let us know how it runs once you have it installed.:grin2:>:)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've never seen an XR250 sprocket in 15T. Only 13 and 14.
Interesting... I must admit the brand of sprockets I use is made in New Zealand.. heck there's an export opportunity!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not sure if you guys are aware but the front sprockets for the XR250 off road bike are the same as the CBR's.

Do you know if the rear sprockets from an XR250 would also fit? I would love to move to a 415 or 428 pitch setup.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Do you know if the rear sprockets from an XR250 would also fit? I would love to move to a 415 or 428 pitch setup.
No, the rear sprockets of the CBR 250/300 appear to be unique to those models.
I've looked into the 428 pitch sprocket conversion (415 would be too light for this bike) but there doesn't appear to be anyone doing a kit for our bikes.
Someone like PMP sprockets could custom make them but could be pricey.

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
Standard sprockets as used on the '96 - '04 XR250R are for 520 pitch chain (not 428), and in the case of front sprockets made for the XR, they are interchangeable with the CBR250R, CBR300R, & CB300F because they all happen to have the same transmission output shaft spline size.

However, the rear hub on an XR is completely different (wire spoked wheel) than the hub of the cast wheel as used on the CBR, so rear sprockets for the XR250R are not interchangeable with the CBR.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have been running the 15t for about a month now, I had the 13t on for about a week and just did not like it, to much shifting and turning to many rpms at 55-65 for me, went to 15t and works better for my type riding, not really any improvement in mpg between 14t and 15t, between 80-90mpg , never really check 13t for mpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts