Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm a Colorado native that just purchased a CBR250R ABS as my second bike. My first was an '83 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC, and I loved it to death, but it was becoming a money sink in terms of maintenance, so I sold it and traded up to a fancy new machine. I thought the transition from cruiser to sportbike would be harder, but it's actually been pretty straightforward so far, although admittedly from what I hear, the CBR's seating position is something like halfway between that of a cruiser and a regular sportbike.

At any rate, I ride a bike as my primary form of transportation, and take the bus whenever there's snow or ice. I've been doing this since 2009. Since a motorcycle can be somewhat limiting in this capacity, I decided I should register here because I might need to ask questions about saddlebags, tailboxes and etc to try and get the most out of my bike and make sure I don't waste money. A good pair of saddlebags are definitely going to be the first accessory I end up purchasing. I'm not sure what else to say exactly.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Welcome from PA. I'm expecting delivery in April and I'll also be looking for saddle bags. I've also seen some decent tail packs that go on the passenger seat. It'll be my 12th bike and I'm so looking forward to it!

I want this ~ but so far I've only found it in the UK. I may have a friend ship it to me though.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome. Where in Colorado are you? There are threads on here about tail packs and other luggage. Other good info here as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cool congrats...keep us posted on how the bike is running.

Late.

I have a couple of close friends out in Colorado. But anywho, congrats again. The is bike is very very fun. Very capable. Your a pro, on your 12th bike, wow. This is my first time on a bike and I am having a blast.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome. Where in Colorado are you? There are threads on here about tail packs and other luggage. Other good info here as well.
I'm in Denver, moving to Aurora. Will be commuting from Aurora to Denver pretty much daily.

@hrobbins: Allegedly, the bike I bought was the last 2012 CBR250R ABS that Honda had shipped to Colorado, although they use a JiT inventory system IIRC so I sincerely doubt that means all that much. And yes, I've been riding it for the past few days. I rode it to school and work in below-freezing weather on Tuesday, to school a second time on Wednesday, and to the DMV this morning. I have about 50 miles on it already (although I still need to set the clock; it hasn't been a priority >_< )

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Winchester?
It's a Bertrand Russel quip/anecdote meant to illustrate how vacuous philosophy was becoming in his time. The focus of the kind of philosophy coming out of Cambridge was on the clarification of things, and solely on their clarification, without any intent to propose solutions to problems (which, according to this new philosophy, didn't actually exist and were basically a linguistic illusion caused by poor word choice). I suppose it's only funny if you're familiar with philosophy in general, and have read and disagreed with Wittgenstein (and personally I don't even disagree on all points, I just think he and his philosophy are very limited)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings BraceHare,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your new cbr. Nothing but miles of smiles in your future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts