Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings!

I just got a new black 2012 CBR250R a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. I used to ride a Suzuki C50 Boulevard cruiser (my 1st bike) and learned a lot about what I do and don't want in a motorcycle. I ride full gear, not like an idiot, and do a lot of commuting on it, not mention this is my 1st sport bike. This little fuel-injected, low maintenance, gas-saving, sleek looking Honda is confirming itself to be what I'm looking for. I look forward to talking with you folks and learning how to make this bike the best it can be.

-Rusty

·
Registered
628 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the new purchase, mine is black as well! There are alot more aftermarket parts and accessories coming out daily it seems so keep youre eyes peeled on the vendor forums

·
Registered
636 Posts
welcome shackleford..i went with the black as well..gotta love it..just got the fiance a suzuki boulevard C40..youll love it

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! Congrats on the new purchase, mine is black as well! There are alot more aftermarket parts and accessories coming out daily it seems so keep youre eyes peeled on the vendor forums
I've been looking for a PUIG windscreen for better wind deflection after reading reviews and can't find anyone who has the clear one in stock!

welcome shackleford..i went with the black as well..gotta love it..just got the fiance a suzuki boulevard C40..youll love it
Suzuki makes cool bikes. I like that Honda has gained ground with technological advancement in the past couple of years. The fuel injection on the CBR250R is what sold me on it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
^ clear is hard to find man, everyone wants smoked

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see in your signature that both you and your wife have these bikes! I wish my GF would ride one. She doesn't wanna to learn to drive a motorcycle and prefers riding 2 up with me around town instead. She's got it in her head she wants Honda's "Metropolitan" 50cc scooter (we live in the city), but I'm trying to sell her on the fuel economy of the CBR250R while still being interstate capable.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^ my wife has had her M designation for 3 or 4 years. She's the one that convinced me to ride. I just finished the MSF course with my son and now all three of us (except my daughter) are "legal".

My wife started on a 125cc scooter which was a piece of crap and then moved up to the Honda SH150i. We both loved that scooter, but I looked like a fat old guy on a scooter and we decided that we'd like to ride together and also have a fighting chance of keeping up with our friends who have Gold Wings. The CBR250r fit our circumstances perfectly. In hindsight, I think my wife would have taken the MSF course before she bought her scooter and then probably would have bought a 250cc bike instead of a scooter.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A fuel-injected 250cc sport bike is like the best of both worlds between the economy of a scooter and the capability of a motorcycle. That's why I'm trying to get the GF to do the course and get her class M. She'll out-grow a scooter.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome and awesome name! I love that show. You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of the ceebee on the road and at the pumps. I love mine and ride every chance I get. I use it for commuting every day except these last few days because mother nature wants to be a ***** and kill our nice spring weather and bring back the winter!

I'm also another one of the lucky ones who's wife loved the CBR so much she went out and got one to ride on herself! It's a lot of fun and way better than trying to ride two up.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm also another one of the lucky ones who's wife loved the CBR so much she went out and got one to ride on herself! It's a lot of fun and way better than trying to ride two up.
She'll come around. She's under the mindset that actually driving the bike is a masculine thing to do. Luckily, the 2 of us together are under the suggested weight limit, so riding 2 up for commutes of less than 30 minutes works okay even on the interstate. The highest speed limit around here is 70mph, so once we hit 80mph with both of us on it, that was proof enough for me. The salesman at the dealership thought these bikes topped out at 55mph! Yeah right :D

Also, I love Jeeps as well! I'm window shopping '06 TJ Sports with the D44 rear! I sold my '95 YJ when I sold my 1st motorcycle, now I want 1 of each again. Obviously already pulled the trigger on the bike!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha, thanks. I'm a huge King of the Hill fan. All seasons of that show are on Netflix! If Dale had a motorcycle, I bet it'd be a CBR ;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings Rusty Shackleford,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

·
Registered
534 Posts
One of my best wheeling buddies has a nice, very well built YJ. It's got welded 8.8 in the rear and XJ HP 30 up front with a locker, 4.88's, skids, 7" lift and 35" MTR's. He runs some sick trails in that thing. My rubicon could run 99% of what he does but I just don't have the skills yet (kinda new to the whole rock climbing thing) and it's my daily driver so I can't risk breaking it too bad. LOL Not sure of your price range but the JK's are VERY capable jeeps and you can run 35's with very minimal lift.

<Hank hill voice> "Rusty Shackleford is just the name he orders pizza with!" LOL I've got the first seven seasons on DVD and also watch them on netflix on the wii too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts