Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just got done signing the paper work today and sometime next week I'll be bringing home a red CBR 250R with standard (non-ABS) brakes. It might possibly be the last one that was available in my area.

My name is Tom & I live in Marin County, California. West Marin to be exact, motorcycle mecca with miles of squiggly ribbons of asphalt in all directions with nary a straight section :)

I am a some what experienced rider having been riding street bikes 95% of the time since the summer of '85 but I feel there is always new things to learn and improve on no matter how many years you spend riding.

My last bike was a 2005 Buell XB12S (awesome bike that sliced through the twisties with surgical precision) but I have for some time now been toying with the idea of having a small bike for commuting and just plain fun in the twisties where I can use everything the bike has without obliterating the speed laws. It's true what they say; It is thrilling to go fast on a slow bike.
The little Ninja never appealed to me and that was all there was so I scratched the idea until I saw the Honda.

Wow what a beauty! I can not get over that this is "just" a 250.
My first thought when I saw it (by chance, on the internet) was "What a perfect street bike!"
It's not too fast to get a reckless driving ticket but fast enough to get a couple points thrown on your license if you're not careful. It's frugal with the gas. It has good wind/rain protection. With 22 ponies at the rear wheel, the rear tire (tyre for my friends across the pond) should last a really long time. Cost of upkeep is almost nil. Fun factor is immense!

It's all pros and no cons. Having ridden many different bikes in my 26 years of riding I think I can say with some authority that you don't need a big bike to have fun. All you need is a frame, an engine, a couple wheels and some handlebars. This Honda has all that in spades. I saw it in person for the first time today and was floored by the fit & finish. This **** thing has way better fit & finish than my $12K Buell! (apologies to my beloved Buell. She's a really beautiful bike as well).

Anyway I just thought I'd introduce myself. Sorry for the long winded post. You can probably tell I'm a little bit excited about picking mine up next week :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well said... welcome to the site and congrats on your CBR! :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I was so happy to find this site.
First I was thrilled to see so many new riders joining the ranks.
Then secondly to see that I'm not the only experienced rider who's finally figured out that small bikes equal big fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts