Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

New Addition to the Family: Honda Super Cub

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Michael 
#1 ·
Just ordered this for the parents because my dad's been complaining about wasting so much gas driving to work. It'll be coming in 10 days or so. I liked Honda red but they wanted the cobalt blue

See less See more
#3 ·
That looks like so much FUN. What an awesome son you are!!!!!:eek:

#6 · (Edited)
It IS motorcycle history. Honda marketed a very similar bike to that here in the US in the late 60s(?). A friend of mine had one, and it was slick - the only small bikes readily available were that bike and mini-bikes.

Neat pic. glad to see it's still alive! Hope your dad likes it.

Luke

#9 · (Edited)
I don't know where your Super Cub is coming from, but there is a company here in Thailand making replicas. I have seen the odd one around, but have not had a close look. Is it this?

Retro 110

I gather there is also an outfit in Taiwan doing something similar, which is marketed in the USA

This website is fun:

Super Cub – The Honda Worldwide Super Cub Special Site

Recently a few youngsters here have started to drag old Cubs, Vespas and the like out of sheds to renovate. A bright young woman I helped through her last year at school and on to university had one, which she was quite proud of. She replaced the engine with a 1990s Dream 100 engine, which is in keeping with the appearance of the original.

When she did get back to her home she was disappointed to discover her father had smashed it up..... he was the reason she ran away from home.

Happy ending; she reconciled with her family (albeit shakily with her father, but he did allow her mother to be guarantor for a student loan), and has just finished university....... and will likely join her sister and brother-in-law working for Honda.

#12 ·
If u want the authentic ones then I think u have to get it in the east. They don't export them to the states. The symba is really close to the cubs. They're just a bit bigger and some would argue better but u just can't beat history and reliability

#14 ·
Just ordered this for the parents because my dad's been complaining about wasting so much gas driving to work. It'll be coming in 10 days or so. I liked Honda red but they wanted the cobalt blue
Nice, I have a 2010 110CC model with a basket on front and a rack on back. The rack can accept my 56L GIVI. I can carry a passenger, my dog in his carrier in the GIVI, groceries in the basket, and even side panniers. The Super Cub is an awesome machine. Great cost/performance ratio. Surprisingly peppy for a 110CC.

#19 · (Edited)
I saw these on sale in a recently opened showroom in Patong, Phuket, the other day, priced at about 36,500 baht (just under $US1,500). A similarly speced Honda Wave 110i would be about 41,500 baht.

They have electric start and some other modern trimmings, but the styling is 60's Honda Super Cub. I like the leading link front suspension; not a lot of travel, but a gentle action for a smooth ride on the Honda Cub of old as I recall.

So not really a Honda Super Cub, but a replica that is testament to the practicality of a bike that has sold in excess of 60 million in various incarnations since 1958.

They also had a useful looking 200cc dualsport. All made in China:

http://www.yinxianggroup.com/HOME/tabid/40/language/zh-CN/Default.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.