Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got my seat reupholstered red today and has some extra padding put in. Only cost me 46 bucks and took 4 hours. :D

Check it out and tell em what you think! I think the contrast looks amazing and will look great when the whole bike is complete with red rear sets and levers!

Next step....Red honda wings and CBR logo....Can anyone help me find these two decals!?!

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I really like the red seat! Just not sure how I like it on an all black bike!! Way to go trying something different however, and very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hmm I was thinking of red bar ends and the brake cap.

Now im convinced its not what I want.

Im out to rid the bike of silver chrome bits now.

Might even ditch the CBR sticker for a grey one with no red "R"

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not feeling the red seat either. I don't mind the red accents but the seat just seems out of place.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well its just a step fellas. all the silver will be gone when its possible, and the decals will be red also....rome wasnt built in a day...Also gotta remember the rims...

I didnt see backlash on the Mugen bike, and that red was way bright!

·
281 Posts
Well its just a step fellas. all the silver will be gone when its possible, and the decals will be red also....rome wasnt built in a day...Also gotta remember the rims...

Hey PsychMan! I think everyone will like it more when you add some more red bits...you need to paint some of the plastic parts red to add some more integration....you are leading the way!

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Red accents good....red seat, no! Didnt like the Mugen red seat either. Bit too much. Go for classy.

·
Registered
681 Posts

As long as you've got the money for it, there's nothing wrong with experimenting with the accessories. Making it unique is half the fun. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when you're all done.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As long as you've got the money for it, there's nothing wrong with experimenting with the accessories. Making it unique is half the fun. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when you're all done.
Thanks, and ordered all red decals for the bike including red CBR, Red honda wings and red Honda for front and back of bike. ;) Those will be there by end of the week. I need to find somebody to hold my bike for a week while I get the rims powder coated black, so then the red rim tape can go on too.
Once I am done with the bike there will be no silver on it anymore. So its all about the future vision for me. It is hella fun making it unique.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I like the seat! Go ride around and see if you can find any girls on the island that like it, let us know what they say.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks, and ordered all red decals for the bike including red CBR, Red honda wings and red Honda for front and back of bike. ;) Those will be there by end of the week. I need to find somebody to hold my bike for a week while I get the rims powder coated black, so then the red rim tape can go on too.
Once I am done with the bike there will be no silver on it anymore. So its all about the future vision for me. It is hella fun making it unique.
Don't really like the seat...yet. Like I said in your other thread it's not enough red. I know you're doing a lot more though, so I'm really curious to see it when you're all done, and that seat doesn't stick out like a soar thumb.

I wanted to get the Honda sticker on the tank and behind the seat red as well, where'd you order?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wanted to get the Honda sticker on the tank and behind the seat red as well, where'd you order?
Off ebay...I ordered the whole Decal set for the Honda CBR600 in Red.

Search...Honda Motorcycle Decals and have a look....I am replacing them all with red, but leaving the 250R on there and cutting the silver cbr off it and replacing the top part of the decal (CBR 250R) with the red CBR for the decal set. The decal set will also enable you to remove the white honda off the front and back if you choose and make them red. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the seat! Go ride around and see if you can find any girls on the island that like it, let us know what they say.
actually three chicks from my graduate school loved it. Showed em it today and said it looks really good, brought a big grin to my face. The women are already eating up the bike, and its only gonna get so much nicer looking in the month to come!

See I dont think the pics I took came out great, cause its not natural lighting, the color looks off. It is not a bright red, its more a dark blood red. That pic was taken at night under flourescent bulbs =(

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So a set made for the 600 is the same size decals for ours? I'll look into that then, thanks.
As far as the size of decals, I cant speak to it. But for 10 bucks I was willing to order em to test it out... THey have a bunch of Red Honda Wings and such, I just thought buying the decal set would take care of most of the ones on this bike in one swoop. I will let post pics or add a post if they are totally off and then ill just return em ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
As far as the size of decals, I cant speak to it. But for 10 bucks I was willing to order em to test it out... THey have a bunch of Red Honda Wings and such, I just thought buying the decal set would take care of most of the ones on this bike in one swoop. I will let post pics or add a post if they are totally off and then ill just return em ;)
haha, ok. I'll let you be the guiena pig. If they look good, you did me a service. So I'll just wait for now.

·
Registered
636 Posts
maybe with some more red accents and stuff..doesnt really do it for me but if you like it thats all that matters really...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts