Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Jubis here from South Australia, been randomly lurking around the forums from time to time and thought I'd finally sign up + say hi.

About Me:
23, Got myself a Black 2011 CBR250R in November (on Ls since September), pretty happy with it although I have dropped her a few times. Twice stationary (dodgy parking), twice at speed (soft dirt patch out in the hills + highsiding on a tight left hand corner on a quiet Sunday morning). It sucks but I am on my Ls and learning, better now than later on a super expensive bike. I love going on hills runs every week or so, have come to the conclusion that this bike is certainly a novice's learning tool and isn't designed for leaning - was following a mate last week on his 20 year old CBR 250RR and the seat is so low! That and he's been riding since he was a kid and can actually corner.

Jubis.

·
Registered
534 Posts
G'day mate!! LOL And welcome to the forum. Sounds like your plastics are probably pretty well trashed by now, especially after a high side. Usually a high side will trash the whole bike though so I guess you got lucky. Do they have any riders safety courses over there that you could maybe take instead??

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lost traction taking a tight left, somehow the left mirror took the brunt of the impact and the right side just got scratched up nasty again (and the right indicator took a beating).

As for rider safety courses, I passed the one to get my bike license, does that count? :p I haven't been pointed in the direction of one located nearby in any obvious manner so I'm not aware of any other than the formal government courses for obtaining learning/provisional permits.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome Jubis.
Check to see if HART (Honda advanced rider training) run any courses in your local area, I learnt more in one day with those guys than the whole 3-4 days of license training.
Enjoy, stay safe.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Jubis.
Check to see if HART (Honda advanced rider training) run any courses in your local area, I learnt more in one day with those guys than the whole 3-4 days of license training.
Enjoy, stay safe.
Ah, see they've simplified it a fair bit down here (some would argue it's not the best idea). It's 2 half day courses but the price is pretty high.

I've been riding for 6 months, and all of the mishaps (bar one last week) I can safely conclude were indeed rider error, and learning experiences. Some mates reckon I'm just trying too hard.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome Jubis, Where abouts in Adelaide are you? Ive seen a few Black CBR's aroudn the place. Should meet up for a ride one day, check out riding sa.

Ohh BTW this bike is lean-able :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine's the one with the scratched-up front right fairing, and the two sets of front indicators on it (flush mounts and a set of indicator-mirrors). I'm still waiting on a relay to slow down the 2x blinker speed.

Oh, and I have a yoshi pipe too.

I live up north but I'll ride anywhere, work in the East, used to go down Montecute Rd (sometimes Corkscrew :p) before going to work, these days I generally try to do a lobey run once a week but it doesn't always happen.

One day a mate and I went up Main North Rd until we got bored and the rain started pouring down.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohh BTW this bike is lean-able :D
I don't disagree here haha, I've pegged the ground on several occasions. Unfortunately, the last time I did I highsided, and I don't think I've pegged since.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to the forum! BE CAREFUL! lol. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you are going pretty (hard to be highsiding)
But you are here to tell the tale and no doubt learnt from it.
Enjoy those Adelaide hills, fond memories going thru there many years ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hows it going mate, Im in WA just got my full 250 licence didnt have to do restricted as i had my full class car license for long enough. Sounds like ur pushing your limits. Ive never droped it but did come around a corner fast onto gravel in the centre of the road had to ease out the curve as i was coming in hot and she wouldve slipped from under me just run up onto the curve of the gutter on oposite side of road. lucky. Take it easy bro,

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome to you too Rikki.

We'll turn it into an Aussie forum yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another new Aussie here.

Excited to be picking up my black bike in the morning.

Only been riding a few months, I got the bug after squatting on the back of my brother's Ducati 1098 for a lap around Western Melbourne.

If you see a bright green helmet (safety first) bobbling around Sydney's Inner West or CBD give me a nod!

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome fellow aussies, good to a see a few more floating about on here :)
If there are any gold coast riders, sing out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts