Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i was a dealer and bought this bike from honda, what parts would i be putting on the bike and adjusting before selling it typically???

would this list change depending on where you were in the world?

im thinking that a list like this could help someone know what things specifically to look over on the bike after recieving it from a dealer that they are unfamiliar with.
that way not only could you check to make sure they did everything correctly in the initial setup, but you would get an idea of whether the shop knows what they are doing or not.

this could also be the first place for people to look for issues assuming we trust honda has built the parts and bike correctly at the factory.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
:confused: I would check the body work , wheels, etc ,the bike I got from my dear was as GOOD AS IT GETS:D but I got it Huntington Beach Cal . a bet south of you:cool:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
When I was waiting last year for my bike..someone posted a picture somewhere (cant remember where) of a red/silver cbr sitting in a crate inside a honda distribution warehouse...The bike was sitting wrapped in plastic wrap inside the crate and appeared to be 100% fully assembled

....even though dealers charge a setup fee and are supposed to go over every accessible nut n bolt before letting you have it..i found the lock nuts on the chain adjustment of mine so loose i could spin them with my finger tips

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
My bike on its arrival at the dealership a year ago. Completely assembled. As I know the guy who runs Honda Powerhouse I trusted my bike had a thorough going over. However, I can also believe that is not always true of other dealerships:confused:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I found one of the header nuts loose & the a couple of the fair bolts loose. Suspect came from factory that way. As with any new motorcycle i think its a good idea to go over the bike & check nuts & bolts. Especially if you got the rattle going on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts