Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been riding for about 22 years. My first bike was a Honda CB-1! I have been through many bikes since then. Currently I have a Suzuki TU250X. Its a nice bike, but I want a tad more power.

How does the CBR250R handle a large guy? I am 275lbs, 6'. My little TU moves me along up to 70 pretty well, since I change the front and rear sprockets. I get about 60mpg with it.

I figure the CBR has a few more ponies (TU has 17) so it should do as well?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
How does the CBR250R handle a large guy? I am 275lbs, 6'.
You are used to a slow bike so you might like it but it seems more and more, The bigger guys are complaining about the ergonomics and power. You might have to spend the $7500 and get the NC700 if you can find one. Or the BMWGS650G either of which can break 65mpgUS. Versys, V-Strom, or Ninja650 can get 50 mpg.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Howdy from another old guy. I considered buying the Suzuki, love the TU250X, even worked at a Suzuki dealership so I had lots of opportunity to ride one, but preferred the ergos and power of the Honda. I have several bikes in the 250-1300 range and have no trouble adjusting to the CBR and prefer it over some of the other bikes. Height won't be an issue for you, lots of tall riders on here, I'm 6'2" but only 200 pounds so I can't address your additional weight. I bought my CBR for an around town beater, doing chores and running errands, it's relatively cheap (where I live a lot cheaper than the Suzuki) to purchase, run, operate, and maintain. The bike has been all that and trouble free, I thoroughly enjoy it. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm 6'2", long legs, I find the CBR250r really comfortable. It's got to have a lot more room than the TU. It's nice to have the faring which helps make the most of it's power. Not much on passing, but it can certainly hold it's own in traffic.

In small bikes, 5hp is huge, and with six gears, what it has is plenty.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Welcome - I'm too short to help you with your issue, but wanted to welcome you to the forum. Plus, I may hit you up for some intel on the TU250X. I'm fascinated with that bike...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many years (and pounds ago) I had a CBR600F2. It was a great bike in all its purple and pink glory!

I had a problem with vibration, it would make my hands numb after a couple hours of riding. I dont expect the 250 to have the same issue tho.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings bigcanoe,

Welcome to the Forum. Best of luck in making your decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another 6'1", 290# rider here. Ergonomics are fine. If you're not looking for 600 class HP, you'll probably like it fine. I'm having a lot of fun with mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts