Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heeeey new here :) Im going to be getting my bike this week (dealership gets them in this week). Getting the silver and black but am still undecided on the abs or non-abs. I had a lowered 2005 750 katana before but it was much to heavy for me being a 5'4 115lb girl. I am too excited to have a bike that I will be able to hold up lol.

Any advice on getting abs or non abs? I have been riding for three years and have a course under my belt and also race a crf100 on track (hoping to upgrade to a cbr125 on track)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
ABS girl....all the way. And welcome:)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings 0241135,

Welcome to the Forum. With your previous two wheel riding and racing experience. You are at a point where you know if you want ABS Brakes or Not. But asking the question and reading the responses will help you make the right Decision.

Congratulation on the cbr. Nothing but smiles to the miles, with a motorcycle that you decided you wanted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Haha there are pics in my profile but I havent figured out how to put them under my name. Sounds good, I will get the ABS then, I have never ridden a bike with ABS but I think it would be an advantage. I am calling tomorrow to see if they got them in yet.

My screen name is the code I use for my flats and sharps for the scales in music (Ionian Dorian Phrygian etc.) ;) lol so if anyone is needing help remembering them I will teach you the rhymes :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome, young lady. Good to have ya here!
Enjoy your new bike. You sound like you are a sensible rider.

As others have said, if you can afford ABS, go for it. It can only help you be safe.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome. Tha ABS is a bargain for what they're asking. It saved me from what could have been a serious mishap and I'm a believer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
toooo excited! Saskatoon just recieved 16 bikes all colors in ABS and non. I will be getting the abs ;) Going tomorrow to pick her up :D Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good luck sleeping tonight! Post pics once you get it.
Congrats!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well changed my mind a bit, bought the 2011 red/silver/black instead with ABS. There are some awesome deals on the canadian 2011s right now if you can still find one! It was enough to change my mind! They will hold it for me until I can safely ride it home, so probably like 2 months :( But they took $550 off, gave me a tank protector (they are like $2 off ebay but it was nice of him) and gave me an extra year warranty and interest was only 1.9% for two years. That was enough for me ;)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Red/Silver/Black? Heard of red/silver and black/silver, even red/white and blue, but not red/silver/black. Congrats though:confused:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome!

I predict that you will be having so much fun on your CBR you can't wipe the grin off your face. :D

Can't wait to see pics of the red/silver/black model. Did you have the chance to snap any pics???

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
There are some awesome deals on the canadian 2011s right now if you can still find one!
Canada has been giving out great deals on any left over CBR250Rs. Some lucky buyers got $1000 off. Many dealers in the US still can't even get enough to put one on the floor and almost none were ABS. Does your dealer happen to have any left over 2011 CBR125Rs for the give away price of $3100?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts