Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I js bought a silver cbr 250 and its making an irritaing noise during small bumps while at speeds above 30kmph. from the front.
I took it to the service center, had everything opened up and checked if any part was missing or any bolt loose. bt everything seems to be in their places. the mechanic says its due to vibrations of the front wind screen. I also feel the sound may be comming from the key slot.. a series of noise in one bump. has anybody gone through this problem? Or facing the same?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Did they take it for a ride? I would recommend checking every nut & bolt yourself. My windscreen doesnt make any noise at all. No strange noises at 5500 rpm either. nice & quiet

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
when i hit a hard bump or a series of bumps it almost sounds like a small metal plate rising up a bit then falling back down onto something also metal..definitely from the front fairing area somewhere...looked and cant find a thing loose....thats the best i can describe it..its annoying but almost 4500 miles later I have learned to just ignore it mostly..its pretty much an expected noise now and doesnt really bother me anymore

·
Registered
879 Posts
That would drive me nuts. Couldnt get used to it I would be tearing id down. Ever pull the tank off and check under there for something loose?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the noise is really annoying... i don't think its the buzz from the front fairing. i tried squeezing a piece of rubber between the headlight and the fairing but that didn't help. i feel the noise is coming from the key slot.( thats js a guess)

·
Registered
5 Posts
the same problem is with me.
bt nw a days at the 6th gear its too much annoying.
previously the whole bike ws making noise.the dealer said me its the tappet noise n shims needs tobe checked.

why the bike is nt soft wt to do......its too much annoying.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I got this one Aufitt; The rattle is in your head.

When I took the front apart there is a rattling sound like a pellet in a can coming from what I suspect shuts off the mc after a crash. It is located right on top of the headlight assembly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
check your number plate and holder brother
fix it with rubber washers to dampen the noise
it was the idea of my service guy,mr balu
he indeed tightened every nut including those of number plates with rubber washer inside sealing nut and fibre flarings
vibrations disappeared completely....maybe little at 1st gear only now...
i had that number plate sound coming around every 20-30 days
and used 2 rubber washers and it did not happen till date----2 months passed by

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
check your number plate and holder brother
fix it with rubber washers to dampen the noise
it was the idea of my service guy,mr balu
he indeed tightened every nut including those of number plates with rubber washer inside sealing nut and fibre flarings
vibrations disappeared completely....maybe little at 1st gear only now...
i had that number plate sound coming around every 20-30 days
and used 2 rubber washers and it did not happen till date----2 months passed by
I dont think its the number plate brother...i have completely removed the plate..instead i have a sticker of my number across the wind screen...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Noise from front fairings

the noise is really annoying... i don't think its the buzz from the front fairing. i tried squeezing a piece of rubber between the headlight and the fairing but that didn't help. i feel the noise is coming from the key slot.( thats js a guess)
Mines also, but I eliminate the noise sound by fold a piece of cloth to slot it in between the speedo meter & fairings at top portion.
I think the noise caused by the fairings edge rubbing when the bike start to vibrate above 5000rpm.

·
Banned
379 Posts
everyone has a different opinion on where it is coming from...someone in another thread said to stick something between the headlight and the fairing, tried today and it might have helped a little but no a lot :(

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Mines also, but I eliminate the noise sound by fold a piece of cloth to slot it in between the speedo meter & fairings at top portion.
I think the noise caused by the fairings edge rubbing when the bike start to vibrate above 5000rpm.
My solution was like yours. but I used foam. Will mention it to my dealer, because I see him often and he asked for feedback on the bike.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Try a simple test. When you hear the buzzing, grab hold of the top of the screen, and pull it towards you and down. If this stops the buzzing, stuffing something between the top of the headlight and the fairing will work for you. If not, it's coming from somewhere else. ;) Obviously, do this where it's safe to do so, not in busy traffic, eh? ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem

I am experiencing the same issue since the time I bought the bike 8 months back.. more over now my bike is also not giving pick up on Ist gear (as I use to get earlier) Cooling fan even dont run after the ride of 40-50 kms.. but temperature is under control...So I am quite confuse over the performace... :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Try a simple test. When you hear the buzzing, grab hold of the top of the screen, and pull it towards you and down. If this stops the buzzing, stuffing something between the top of the headlight and the fairing will work for you. If not, it's coming from somewhere else. ;) Obviously, do this where it's safe to do so, not in busy traffic, eh? ;)
I am taking the bike to the service center tomorrow and having it fully checked. They said they will take off all its plastic and make it naked to see where the rattling is coming from. If there is a defect in any part, it will replaced.
Will let you know the details tomorrow after the checkup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts