Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I WANT! I love my race 250R, but would love an engine that is more of a match for the Ninjettes and KTMs ultralights. If the can keep the sweet handling characteristics of the CBR250R, I want one.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Wonder if the 250rr is a 2 stroke?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Any news as to whether this is a 2 or 4 cylinder? I believe Honda's old 250RR was 4 cylinder and could way outperform any other 250 at the time. (Although I doubt CMRA would let me race any 4 cylinder bike in the Ultralightweight category, no matter the cc's.)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Suppose it was a silly thing to comment on but I'm aware of the NSR250r MC11 which was a torquey little sport bike. It came out in 1987 I think; 2stroke, 2 cylinder. It was great on both the track and street, but as was pointed out, it did have a few issues.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Any news as to whether this is a 2 or 4 cylinder? I believe Honda's old 250RR was 4 cylinder and could way outperform any other 250 at the time. (Although I doubt CMRA would let me race any 4 cylinder bike in the Ultralightweight category, no matter the cc's.)
Reports say parallel twin

·
Registered
196 Posts
A twin? I was really hoping it would be like the original. An inline four that could genuinely rev up to 19,000rpm. I mean, I expected that it would be a twin, but I was really hoping.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have to agree the old inline 4 would be great in a today model with all the new technology. There are a few for sale here locally the original 250rr, but kinda worried about getting one due to parts being limited availability plus it would be bike #4 setting in my garage and I know the wife would kill me. Maybe once my little brother buys my RR ill sneak in a 250rr :D new model of course.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reports say parallel twin
Imho:
Looking at the picture, size and position of the manifolds says, the bike is equipt with 'only' a 2 cylinder engine .
As long it's not a 500cc engine in the picture, ....>:)
Also it would fit the 2 cylinder line, 650, 500, 3xx, 250, methinks
(ops, forgot:
My guess is, Honda is planing a 650 twin bike, like Yamaha and Kawasaki is selling already, too)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Note that Honda's 500 models are destroked/sleeved down to 400 for the Japanese domestic market. They wouldn't want the new bike to clash with those so I'd expect it to be closer to 300cc than 400.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts