Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode 54 miles today to Corbin in Holister and they did a beautfiul job with my new seat. They even did a "Nose Job" is when the shaved both sides down.

The new seat is beautiful with graphite embossed leather. The ride home was SWEET on my behind. Thanks to Gil at Corbin. You did an awesome job.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Did you go to the cafe? They have some awsome photos in there, food seemed pretty good too. Showroom is nice too. there was a yamaha v-twin, like a buell when I went. Something from europe I suppose. And the burnouts on the showroom linolium are really a nice touch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice, looks good and comfy. Did it lower the ride height? I wouldn't mind taking an inch off of mine so I can flat foot it. Did you order it online then ride down? May have to do that myself and take the ride down to Holister.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice, looks good and comfy. Did it lower the ride height? I wouldn't mind taking an inch off of mine so I can flat foot it. Did you order it online then ride down? May have to do that myself and take the ride down to Holister.
I'm also curious if it lowered the ride at all?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you go to the cafe? They have some awsome photos in there, food seemed pretty good too. Showroom is nice too. there was a yamaha v-twin, like a buell when I went. Something from europe I suppose. And the burnouts on the showroom linolium are really a nice touch.
Brian,

Yes, I went to the cafe and ate there. I also walked around and saw all the different photos and the motorcycles they have on display. It was so cool. I enjoyed it very much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mab,

It brought me closer to being flat foot it, but not much. I didn't order the seat ahead, but I did call and make sure they put my name down so they woundn't be over booked. I got there at 10:30 and was out by 1:30. There were 3 bike there already when I arr'd. Yes, ride down there...you will looovve it!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
bozz, I did not ask how you like the seat, beause I have had two, still have one, and have great faith in corbin. I will be getting one for the cbr. Unfortunately my rides have not een long enough to cause discomfort yet, but I will have the opportunity for the longer rides and will be ready. Hope you enjoy your corbin for a long time.

ed: glad to see you like it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
So let me get this straight...you can make an appointment, drive to Corbin and they will build a seat for you while you wait? If so, that's pretty **** cool. I'm in CA but quite a ways from Hollister. Although that would be one nice road trip and the ride back would be comfy.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mab,

It brought me closer to being flat foot it, but not much. I didn't order the seat ahead, but I did call and make sure they put my name down so they woundn't be over booked. I got there at 10:30 and was out by 1:30. There were 3 bike there already when I arr'd. Yes, ride down there...you will looovve it!!!
What I like about the stock CBR250R seat is that it is relatively wide - so I find it comfortable to sit on for longer rides. What I don't like about the stock seat is that because it is so wide - it abruptly tapers off on the sides. This not only cuts into my ability to flatfoot the bike (my legs have to wrap around the seat and then down - requiring a longer leg length) but it also cuts off circulation to my legs on longer rides due to the seat's abrupt edge. I've been riding my CBR150R around - it has a narrower saddle - and find that my butt doesn't feel as comfortable on this saddle - but the circulation in my legs doesn't get cut off - so this is the trade-off.

If I could find a seat that was wide like the stock CBR250R seat - yet a little narrower up front to prevent the edges of the seat from digging into my legs (and cutting off circulation) on long trips - I would be interested in getting one.

Do you think the Corbin might be the seat I'm looking for?

P.S. I have a Corbin for my WR250R. It is wider than stock - but it feels as hard as a 2x4 plank. Still - I prefer it to the stock seat.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What I like about the stock CBR250R seat is that it is relatively wide - so I find it comfortable to sit on for longer rides. What I don't like about the stock seat is that because it is so wide - it abruptly tapers off on the sides. This not only cuts into my ability to flatfoot the bike (my legs have to wrap around the seat and then down - requiring a longer leg length) but it also cuts off circulation to my legs on longer rides due to the seat's abrupt edge. I've been riding my CBR150R around - it has a narrower saddle - and find that my butt doesn't feel as comfortable on this saddle - but the circulation in my legs doesn't get cut off - so this is the trade-off.

If I could find a seat that was wide like the stock CBR250R seat - yet a little narrower up front to prevent the edges of the seat from digging into my legs (and cutting off circulation) on long trips - I would be interested in getting one.

Do you think the Corbin might be the seat I'm looking for?

P.S. I have a Corbin for my WR250R. It is wider than stock - but it feels as hard as a 2x4 plank. Still - I prefer it to the stock seat.

Mike
Mike,

They will shave the sides down for you and make it narrower. They did that to my seat...I watched them do it too. I recommend it. I rode it a lot yesterday and amazing how the seat made my ride so comfortable. I was tossed and blowned in every directions because the bike is lite and so am I. But oh well, I can't have eveything ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So let me get this straight...you can make an appointment, drive to Corbin and they will build a seat for you while you wait? If so, that's pretty **** cool. I'm in CA but quite a ways from Hollister. Although that would be one nice road trip and the ride back would be comfy.
Foobar,

Yes, make an appointment, ride to Corbin, and the ride home to So. Cal. will be SWEET!! Where about are you in So. Cal.? It isn't far at all. I grew up in Fullerton/Brea areas. I travel back and forth all the time and it isn't that bad of a road trip. Take 101 and it will be a nice scenic route for. I am thinking of doing that soon, but I m affaird my mother will have a heart attack if I show up with a motorcycle.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Pete,

Sorry, I don't know the sizes, but it's Asphalt. Are you thinking of ordering one?
Oh yeah. I had one for my old Nighthawk and loved it. I'm in Woodside; I'll probably just mail order it. I don't think I'd benefit from any custom work e.g. narrower sides; the standard width would work fine for me.
Corbin's standard recommendation for these on their site is carbon fiber but good Lord that graphite embossed design you chose is hot! Glad I saw it.
Had a good ride from Woodside over to Boulder Creek yesterday; where did you go?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts