Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cowl, exhaust, steps and levers. All thats left is carbon for the silver bits.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Red Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle fairing Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Info:
- Tyga Performance Cowl (Painted Red thanks to Paul)
- Screaming Deamon Exhaust
- Bikerz Steps and Levers

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice mods... Have you thought about powder coating the wheels?

·
Registered
282 Posts
looks great dude, love the tyga tail. Post a vid so we can here the screaming demon. If u change out the silver pieces either side of the headlight send me a pm, i'll buy them off you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks great dude, love the tyga tail. Post a vid so we can here the screaming demon. If u change out the silver pieces either side of the headlight send me a pm, i'll buy them off you.
She sounds like a beefy DRZ400SM, (a friends got one to compare). I will let you know as soon as i do, although i like keeping all the original bits, i dont think I will miss the silver bit in the front. :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Now that you mention it, it would be cool, how much you think that would cost?
Here in Atlanta, anywhere from $180 to $300 USD, depending on the place, color, and whether they have to do any disassembly/assembly.

Someone else on a recent thread here did a black powder coat on the wheels of their red CBR... Actually, looked great... They have pictures posted as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here in Atlanta, anywhere from $180 to $300 USD, depending on the place, color, and whether they have to do any disassembly/assembly.

Someone else on a recent thread here did a black powder coat on the wheels of their red CBR... Actually, looked great... They have pictures posted as well.
Yeah, thanks for the heads up, I just had a look at that thread, looks good. I am gonna do some research locally to see how much it would set me back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
looks nice mate. I have nearly all bikers stuff as well, they are pretty good quality. Not even a scratch on them.
But, i think TYGA tail is killing the design aspects of CBR250 and making it an ordinary track toy.
original stop lights looks better IMHO.
but good job.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Tyga tail looks good from every angle.

How much higher and further back are the Bikers rearsets and how do they compare to Tyga?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks nice mate. I have nearly all bikers stuff as well, they are pretty good quality. Not even a scratch on them.
But, i think TYGA tail is killing the design aspects of CBR250 and making it an ordinary track toy.
original stop lights looks better IMHO.
but good job.
Thanks for the comments, bikers gear is awesome. The Tyga tail is great quality and great finish IMO, but I agree about the break light. I have given them feedback on it lets see where they take it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics, Tyga tail looks good from every angle.

How much higher and further back are the Bikers rearsets and how do they compare to Tyga?
I dont know about the Tyga rear sets, but the bikers rear sets have adjustments and you can push it back a fair bit. I am not sure if the picture on their website shows, if it doesnt let me know i ll take a closer pic of them to show.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks for the comments, bikers gear is awesome. The Tyga tail is great quality and great finish IMO, but I agree about the break light. I have given them feedback on it lets see where they take it.
How much you pay for the tyga tail and did you buy it off their website? That is one of the few things that I'd like to do mine. Save a bit of rego money and keep the wife out of my hobby.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I notice Tyga do a painted silver tail, wonder what the paint job is like.. or I'll just leave it white.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much you pay for the tyga tail and did you buy it off their website? That is one of the few things that I'd like to do mine. Save a bit of rego money and keep the wife out of my hobby.
Yeah i brought it the website after talking to Paul from Tyga. He is a alright guy, reasonable with requests. Ask him if you want different colour than the website or red one like mine. Their shipping is really good. Total cost was about 410AUD~ including shipping, but i do remember getting the express shipping, which was NOT cheap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I notice Tyga do a painted silver tail, wonder what the paint job is like.. or I'll just leave it white.
Paint job was much better than I expected, the guys painted the colour I asked so I think they are open to requests.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah i brought it the website after talking to Paul from Tyga. He is a alright guy, reasonable with requests. Ask him if you want different colour than the website or red one like mine. Their shipping is really good. Total cost was about 410AUD~ including shipping, but i do remember getting the express shipping, which was NOT cheap.
Geez $410 seems pricey. Do you remember how much the paint was? Mind you I have the tri color so white would suit. But I ask cause I'm sure they say less than $300 for the kit + postage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Geez $410 seems pricey. Do you remember how much the paint was? Mind you I have the tri color so white would suit. But I ask cause I'm sure they say less than $300 for the kit + postage.
I cant really remember but all i know is i paid about 80AUD~ for fast shipping. Its not the weight but the size of the box is what costs so much i think. But from memory, they do have shipping cheaper than that at normal rate.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I cant really remember but all i know is i paid about 80AUD~ for fast shipping. Its not the weight but the size of the box is what costs so much i think. But from memory, they do have shipping cheaper than that at normal rate.
Do you think there is more space under the cowl than with the stock rear seat setup?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts