Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a decent retailer or someone local to purchase an exhaust for my '11 cbr250r. As much as id love to have a LOUD exhaust like a shorty, its just not nice for everyone around me even if i like it. I feel like its just inconsiderate...

A well priced, not overly loud pipe is what im after.

Location Australia,NSW, South Coast

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi Solizan and welcome to the forum.
Finally someone who doesn't only think about himself and keeps ruining our reputation.
I'm afraid though that I can't help you as I left my bike stock but I believe that question has been asked before so there should be someone here who can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Again I don't have actual experience but have done tons of research for an exhaust, the Leo Vince EVO II seems to be the quietest. But its not the cheapest.

I don't if you can get them in Australia but Delkevic makes decent exhausts for a good price. They have a wide range of models from open race exhausts to large quiet ones. They would be your best bet I think.

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
I'm a firm believer in the OEM exhaust. Your engine was designed/set up with the expectation of a certain amount of back pressure in the exhaust system. It probably isn't tuned optimize around the torque peak, but, it should be near there if Honda did their job.

Changing the silencer (muffler in my country) usually does little or nothing to improve engine performance. With FI you do not have to rejet a carb, but still the usual result is increased fuel consumption with no measurable power increase.

Lastly, the OEM silencer is almost always less noisy, keeping the neighbors happy. Plus, after doing or having the maintenance work done on schedule, keeping the bike stock is the best way to maintain its reliability.

Reactions: MotoMike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Again I don't have actual experience but have done tons of research for an exhaust, the Leo Vince EVO II seems to be the quietest. But its not the cheapest.

I don't if you can get them in Australia but Delkevic makes decent exhausts for a good price. They have a wide range of models from open race exhausts to large quiet ones. They would be your best bet I think.
I bought the Delkevic 18in silencer. After installation I rode one lap of a 7 mile circuit of local roads and then got the spanners back out and took the bloody thing back off again. Being the largest in their range I assumed it would be reasonably quiet but it actually emitted a very harsh bark that I found intensely annoying at highway speeds and embarrassing in built up areas. The only positive I can say about it is that it did seem to give a noticeable power boost between 4000 and 6000 revs.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I have had a Delkevic muffler on my SV for almost 10 years now, and it's been good.

With the baffle in it was a bit too quiet. With the baffle out it was too loud and hollow sounding, so I drilled an opening in the baffle to split the difference. Not loud, but not silent (like the OEM muffler) either.

I'm surprised that the Delkevic muffler on a CBR, with the baffle installed, would be obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have had a Delkevic muffler on my SV for almost 10 years now, and it's been good.

I'm surprised that the Delkevic muffler on a CBR, with the baffle installed, would be obnoxiously loud.
Mine was supplied without any removable baffle. I contacted the company and they sent me a baffle but it must have been for a different model as there was no way it would fit. I gave up after that.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Mine was supplied without any removable baffle. I contacted the company and they sent me a baffle but it must have been for a different model as there was no way it would fit. I gave up after that.
You should try them again.

The baffle makes a big difference, and would probably give you the sound you were looking for.

Performance increase is minimal - but if feels/sounds faster!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Another vote for Delkevic.
I've had a DL-10 Carbon Fiber installed for 2 seasons and I love it.
It's a slash-cut, so there's no DB killer or silencer. Even so it's not overly loud and much more bassy than raspy.
I've had a full Two Brothers pipe on my previous Ninja250R and that thing was downright painful to my ears AND my neighbors.
The DL-10 does let you know it's there, but it gives the CBR so much more character. And it was CHEAP compared to the same size Yoshimura or Akrapovic - by HUNDREDS of dollars.
Here's there Australian website:
https://www.delkevic.com.au/

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2 brothers 18inch slip on that came with mine when I bought it and it was so loud even with ear plugs it annoyed me and looked silly some how just not a good looking flow. I took it off. I cut it down repacked it and installed a homemade "decible" killer, I got the idea off Ebay welded it together and inserted it and it sounds good and is no longer ear piercing loud. I did not use a whole lot of science in making it and some might even say, I got lucky but I felt good about it.

https://youtu.be/rUaD1XgzzY0

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have a 2 brothers 18inch slip on that came with mine when I bought it and it was so loud even with ear plugs it annoyed me and looked silly some how just not a good looking flow. I took it off. I cut it down repacked it and installed a homemade "decible" killer, I got the idea off Ebay welded it together and inserted it and it sounds good and is no longer ear piercing loud. I did not use a whole lot of science in making it and some might even say, I got lucky but I felt good about it.

Could just be my ears or the sound in your video, but it sounds to me like you have the cam chain tensioner rattle at idle. Might want to look at replacement or a manual tensioner swap before it pukes on you.

·
Registered
20 Posts

******************** ! I love the sound of your exhaust ! Can you post video how it's sound when riding ? Thanks !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts