Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 250r on Monday and so far it's a great little bike. I can see how it would be a great starter bike for someone new, i'm looking forward to commuting with it and saving some money on gas!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nice bike, I have the same one. Hey off topic but where did you get that hitch reciever for your Civic? I have a 2011 Civic Coupe and didnt know you could tow, love to have a small trailer. Wifes new mini van takes a special wiring harness that has to be dealer installed, big bucks and not worth it for what Id tow.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got it done at a local trailer place for about $140, but they cut me a deal since i used to work at a dealership that sent them business. my car pulls the bike no problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh em gee to the extreme! Marry me....? That looks **** good. Can't wait till I get the hitch on the AP1. Bike and car looks great! Sometimes I wish I would've waited for the sedan instead of getting a GD3. Hope you have fun!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, let us know how that 250r does on gas. It's one of the reasons why I'm considering getting a 250cc. Money saved from gas alone could literally pay off the bike.

Just got my 250r on Monday and so far it's a great little bike. I can see how it would be a great starter bike for someone new, i'm looking forward to commuting with it and saving some money on gas!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey, let us know how that 250r does on gas. It's one of the reasons why I'm considering getting a 250cc. Money saved from gas alone could literally pay off the bike.
the advertise says 77 mpg, but from my experience between 70-73 mpg depending on how fast i ride it. usually i ride it around 24-50mph, because its crowded in my hometown.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm still on the first tank but i've heard of people getting close to 90. i don't know but i'm light so i usually get good mileage and tire wear

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice. I cant wait to start riding agian. My PC'd parts just got back so imma throw those on and then hopefully a leg over sometime this week. I cant take this 16mpg im getting out of my Xterra.

I remember seen your handle on the 600r boards before. Glad to have you on both.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^oh yeah don't worry i'll never get rid of the 600rr. that was my first bike and i'll keep it till the day one of us dies hehe. when i was deciding on my first bike i was leaning towards the gixxer, then i went to the dealership and saw a white 600rr and it was love at first sight. later i had a dream i bought it so i knew it was meant to be *sigh*....memories...

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 600rr is a nice bike, very light and easy to toss around. I wish I had kept my 07 600rr. I'm still trying to think of the real reason why I sold it. *sighed*

·
Registered
141 Posts
newr1der haha, you shoulda kept it.

DoubleR i was on the verge of gettin the 07 in white, but then saw the graffiti and thought about just stripping the stickers. I went to look at it in person at the dealership and fell in love with my d675. Wouldnt mind having a 600rr in the stable for the misses tho.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i didn't realize how reasonable the 675 was, i had always assumed it was out of my price range. but i wouldn't trade my 600rr for the world. she's a good size for me, good power, and sexy as ****

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice bike, I have the same one. Hey off topic but where did you get that hitch reciever for your Civic? I have a 2011 Civic Coupe and didnt know you could tow, love to have a small trailer. Wifes new mini van takes a special wiring harness that has to be dealer installed, big bucks and not worth it for what Id tow.
just checked and it's a curt hitch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts