Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I posted a few months ago introducing myself, but it's official now, so I am starting a new thread!

I just signed the paperwork on a red 2011, kinda wanted black; but once I saw the resemblance to a red VFR1200F, I ended up with red/silver!

I placed the order last Tuesday and it arrived today. Great experience at the local dealer, $5000 total otd.

I am a total beginner, MSF is coming up as soon as the weather cools down. I have wanted a motorcycle for almost 10 yrs now, kept putting it off, about to turn 40 years old and just went through a "right life crisis" so this is my early mid-life crisis mobile!:D I have never owned or ridden motorcycles before, but rode racing road bicycles for years. I am a custom car guy; have a custom PT Cruiser, and a new Mazda 3 for daily driver. The CBR will be a Sunday toy.

I had been all over the board undecided what I wanted. Started off with the new to America (coming soon) Aprilia RS4-125cc, then looked at their bigger Mana GT, then almost bought a brand new 2010 Royal Enfield Classic!:eek: Checked out some used Triumphs and that Suzuki Tu250...... finally settled on the CBR. What a roller coaster ride. It has everything that I need as a beginner.

My Dad had a 1969 BSA 250cc back then. I got my love of all things motorized from him, but he's not a motorcycle guy. It will be a dream of mine to eventually ride the CBR down for him to see it (80 miles on the highway). That is a goal of mine for the 6 month riding mark.

I already have a long list of wants for the CBR. I'll start on them when next payday comes.:) Battery Tender, frame sliders; gear indicator; and maybe an exhaust come first.

Here is pic from this morning at the dealer, we are planning for delivery to my home next Tuesday.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
score, same boat myself.
i pick up in 2 hours 32 mins

welcome.
Congrats!
:cool::D

My sales guy made me ring a big bell and push a button that let off an air horn to get everyones attention in the huge showroom!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrats!
:cool::D

My sales guy made me ring a big bell and push a button that let off an air horn to get everyones attention in the huge showroom!
LOL awesome... my dealer didn't even take a picture for me. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
New Black one last week.

New Black 2011 CBR250R non ABS in Chicago. Long time rider. Sold my XLH1200 to buy this bike. Still have plenty of bikes. Have a Kendon Sportbike lift on order as I am tired of sitting on the floor. I actually live with my bikes inside my loft. Just got the Shop Manual. I think the valve clearance has to be wrong. My old Honda CB550 is 0.002" Intake and 0.003" Exhaust.

How can a modern water cooled CBR250R require 0.006" Intake and 0.011" Exhaust?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awsome man! Ride looks great! I picked mine up from the dealer but cause I didnt have my license yet I had to watch my dad drive it all the way home :( sucked not being the first to ride it..... but instantly got over it when I took it out the next day. :D haha

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awsome man! Ride looks great! I picked mine up from the dealer but cause I didnt have my license yet I had to watch my dad drive it all the way home :( sucked not being the first to ride it..... but instantly got over it when I took it out the next day. :D haha
I hear ya! I had my salesman ride my CBR home 22 miles. He said it was his first time on one outside of the dealership parking lot and said it was great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome! I'm down in San Marcos and have a Yoshimura exhaust if you'd like to meet up to hear it. Hurry up with the MSF course and get out there riding :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Welcome! I'm down in San Marcos and have a Yoshimura exhaust if you'd like to meet up to hear it. Hurry up with the MSF course and get out there riding :)
Thanks, I hope to meet some more CBR pilots once I get out on the roads.

I've already decided that the Yoshi exhaust would be too loud for me, so I am waiting on the LeoVince pipe to make it over here to the USA soon, it was just released over in Europe.

Ordered all my gear yesterday, and some other necessities too.

This weekend, she will get a coat of Surf City Garage wax!

Here she is with my other weekend toy.....2003 PT Cruiser with a ton of mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
it's good to hear a fellow texan on the forum. I'm hanging out in College Station and i've had my red cbr since july. I highly suggest a little bit more noise if you're going to be riding around Austin, I definitely feel unnoticed in big city traffic ( such as when i take it down to houston).

If you come down here at any time shoot me a message.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts