Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been stalking around this forum for about a month and just signed up!

Picked up my Black 250r on Friday and have put over 120 miles on her so far and I work 10 hour days on the weekends... Loving by baby blade :D

Paid 5000 OTD, which is a SOLID 5-9 hundred less than what all the other dealers in my area were asking.

I'm very excited to do a few minor "free" mods to the bike to make her a little sexier sometime in the coming month or so. I just wish a reputable brand of frame sliders were available!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey:

Enjoyed reading your post and congratulations on your new CBR. I live less than an hour south of you down I-35 and am looking to purchase one in the next few months. Have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind answering.

First, which dealership did you end up buying from? While I've hit the Honda website to list the dealers between S.A. and Austin, I haven't walked into any of them for an OTD quote. Also, on the price you paid, was that for the ABS or the non-ABS version?

Thanks, and I look forward to reading about the mods you make to the bike, especially which brand of sliders you get, if you post about them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome! I saw you on Fuelly! I still haven't done my first fill up yet. I wish the weather didn't suck over here in Louisiana. We hit 100 today with a 108 heat index... then it rained again. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought from Kent Powersports in New Braunfels (North 35 Honda). Chris was super straight with me and they have nothing to hide. I walked into a ton of different dealers and always got the same story of 5500+ OTD. One sales guy got mad at me when I laughed at the 5800 price he threw at me, the sales manager came over to "set me straight" and proceeded to lie about what MSRP was etc etc etc... I will NEVER buy from that dealer now. I warn you to stay away from a certain high profile large dealer off I10 in San Antonio...

Woods in Georgetown said they would do 5300 OTD. El Campo (near victoria) said 4800 OTD but I don't think they have one anymore. I'm pretty happy with my buy at the price I paid. It was no haggle, no hassle, no pressure. Chris was a great guy to just sit and talk with as well... I think he is the sales manager, not sure. It's a VERY small dealer. I know for a fact they have another Black one, but it was crate damaged so they cannot sell it until they do a bunch of paperwork with Honda and repair it.

Again, I really think you should go talk to the guys at North 35 Honda in New Braunsfels, they are owned by Kent Powersports in Selma.

Price was non-ABS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in San Antonio and I bought mine from Kent Powersports in Selma last saturday and it seemed like a total impulse buy to me. I got the only black one and there was one red/silver one left. The guy who sold it told me there was a red/silver one coming up at the end of the month or early August (i forget). It ran for ($3999) but with all the fee's, setup, tax's, etc that I didn't really bother negotiating with, it came up to $5300 or $5500 with 0 down on 5 years. I'll probably pay it off within a year though. I work between Austin and San Antonio, but I've only ridden it within San Antonio. Put about 300 miles on it since. The guy said the ones they had in the past went pretty quick and didn't really push too hard to sell it. Really laid back, almost too laid back. They did give discounts on gear though :cool:.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the great info, y'all. I'll definitely head up the interstate to New Braunfels to North 35 Honda when I'm ready to buy. Figure I might as well stop in Selma to check with them as well. It'll be interesting to hear what the two Kent dealerships are quoting.

Appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just put my deposit down on a non-ABS red/silver one today at Kent Powersports in Selma. My bike should be coming in around August 16-17, and I can't wait to go check it out. They allowed me to put down the refundable deposit to reserve the right to buy it before anyone else can. The deal hasn't been done yet, but I saw the guy on the floor filling out paperwork with fees/taxes/etc, and it totalled to $5030 OTD. I won't know for sure until the bike comes in and we finalize the deal, but it seems like a great price to me.

Yesterday I visited the "certain high profile large dealer off I10" that Phoenix referred to, and both the service and price were terrible compared to how I was treated today. Not only was I completely ignored by the sales staff, but when I did manage to get some attention I was told that after taxes and "fees" *cough* *dealer-markup* *cough*, the price would be around $5500 OTD. I'm glad I checked the forums here first and made the extra drive to Selma.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just put my deposit down on a non-ABS red/silver one today at Kent Powersports in Selma. My bike should be coming in around August 16-17, and I can't wait to go check it out. They allowed me to put down the refundable deposit to reserve the right to buy it before anyone else can. The deal hasn't been done yet, but I saw the guy on the floor filling out paperwork with fees/taxes/etc, and it totalled to $5030 OTD. I won't know for sure until the bike comes in and we finalize the deal, but it seems like a great price to me.

Yesterday I visited the "certain high profile large dealer off I10" that Phoenix referred to, and both the service and price were terrible compared to how I was treated today. Not only was I completely ignored by the sales staff, but when I did manage to get some attention I was told that after taxes and "fees" *cough* *dealer-markup* *cough*, the price would be around $5500 OTD. I'm glad I checked the forums here first and made the extra drive to Selma.
Glad to hear I helped someone out! The guys at Kent are awesome. Insurance is through them as well (well, progressive, but Felisha is my agent and she works at Kent haha)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Phoenix, did you go for the 3 year service plan?

I was at the Kent dealership in Selma again today and the financing person was telling me about the plan. She said for the 250 it's ~$1100 for three years of service including parts and labor, and that you can go in for service as often as you'd like. She also said it's transferrable to a new owner if you sell the bike or to a new bike if you trade up and get another from Kent in that time.

I had her check on the cost of the initial 600 mile service, including valve adjustments, and the next 4000 mile service. The totals were $320 and $293, respectively. Considering the first two services total up to about $600 I'm really leaning towards getting the maintenance plan, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone had advice either way regarding its value.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts