Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody, I'm new here from northeast PA. I pick up my red 2011 leftover cbr250R this thursday and I am STOKED about it! This will be my first bike. I've rode dirtbikes as a kid and used to ride a friends vulcan 750 around their neighborhood but never really rode a bike out on the street. I have signed up our local motorcycle riders safety course and am looking forward to taking it.

I wanted a small starter bike that got great gas mileage as this will be my nice weather commuter due to my 70 mile a day commute and my jeep kills me on gas. Everything I read and heard this will be a great bike to learn on and save a ton of gas with. Along with the bike I picked up a nice full face helmet and a nice jacket with removable liner and pads. I also plan on getting a good set of gloves too. My local honda shop had a gorgeous tri-color with abs 250 also but it was more than I was wanting to spend so I got the marked down leftover 2011 red one without abs. I think I got a pretty decent deal at $4,160 out the door with a free helmet.

I'm so excited and cannot wait to start riding! I have a few friends with bikes also so we're already planning riding trips on our days off. I'll post up pics when I get it thursday.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Gas millage is great on this little bike and it will save you a bunch plus its soooo fun to ride. Good choice be carful out there and enjoy

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah a 73 mile rountrip commute five days a week in a jeep that gets 14-15mpg gets VERY expensive real quick with constantly rising gas prices! It'll be so nice to use a gallon a day vs. between four and five gallons. Plus I have wanted a bike for a very long time and always enjoyed riding my friends so much but I just never had the money or some other reason. And I'm planning on being very careful because having several friends with bikes I constantly hear about the idiots constantly cutting them off and pulling out in front of them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings PAJKRUBI,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on the purchase of your New cbr. A+ on the MSF Course. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome everybody! I told my wife I'm gonna lose a lot of sleep the next two nights because I'm so excited to get my bike thursday! Lol I'm going tomorrow to get the insurance on it. Boy bike insurance is cheap!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys here's a few pics I got with my cell at the dealership today. I'm so excited I stopped in today just to stare at it and make sure they were gonna have it ready first thing tomorrow! LOL

Man I gotta say though that as good as it looked inside it really explodes outside in the sun! It looked downright stunning today! Anyway here's the pics.

Not anything spectacular to ya'll because ya'll already have one but it's awesome to me. My first motorcycle!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome everybody! I put up a few pictures in the photos section of my first day with her if anybody wants to see.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just took the MSF course and I am so glad I did. I feel as though I can ride safe in any environment/situation. And, I would rather learn the ropes on someone else's comparable bike. I have the black non-abs and get compliments constantly. I do a lot of rush hour commuting, so my mpg is not as good as it could be. I rode block, neighborhood, then highway so to gradually acclimate to the bike as well as increase my comfort/skill level. I've matured to not compete but just ride my ride. I am enjoying life to it's fullest.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm excited about the course because I have never heard anything but great things about it. I have also heard people that have ridden for years say they even learned stuff from it so it's gotta be great. I'm feeling a LOT more comfortable already on my bike though. I get up every day before work and take it for an hour or so long ride. So far I've done everything but interstate but I wanna wait until after the course to hit the interstate and even then I'll most likely avoid it as much as possible because it's dangerous even in my jeep because people just go crazy on the interstate for some reason. I am still a little unsteady at very slow manuvering so I'm hoping the class will fix a lot of that because from what I've seen that's what they focus a lot on anyway because it's in a parking lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts