Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I thought I would go ahead and make the obligatory introductory post. My name is Cole, I'm originally from Kansas City, MO, but currently I live in central Georgia, and in the USAF. I've been riding streetbikes since 2006. My first bike was a brand spanking new 2006 Honda CBR600RR Orange Tribal. Within 1-1/2 years of ownership, I had put over 26,000 miles on it. Being the fearless 19 year old that I was, I was being a moron and ended up totalling it on 9/15/2007. I ended up with a good amount of road rash all over my body, mostly on my legs as jeans don't offer much protection, as well as my feet since I was wearing tennis shoes. I hit the pavement at about 70mph. The first time I was able to put shoes on, was exactly 25-days later, when I put on my Oxtar Racing Boots (yea, I'm an idiot and didn't wear them the day I crashed). I put the boots on to go pick up my new motorcycle, a second 2006 Honda CBR600RR. This one was the digital silver metallic and only had 1700 miles on it, and out of those 1700 I put 1500 miles on it. I picked it up from a friend of mine who was never home to ride, so he let me take it out. Picked it up for just $4000, and it was pretty much brand new. Over the next year, I made this bike to my liking. I had painted it Dark Grey Effect (Lexus IS-series color), powdercoated everything that was silver, including the swingarm, matte black. Used black exhaust wrap on the midpipe too. This was by far my favorite motorcycle, and always will be. For the time I had this bike, I put an additional 28,000 miles on it. I had this bike up until 10/8/10 when I sold it to buy my Jeep. I was without a motorcycle until 8/5/11 when I purchased a 2008 Honda CBR600RR (see a trend here?). I picked up a virtually brand new Grafitti for $6000. When I rode it home from the individual, it had 792 miles. As cool as this bike was, I did not get any enjoyment riding here in Georgia, so I sold it on 12/1/11 with only 2700 miles on it. Currently I am without a motorcycle, however, I am very interested in the CBR250R as I think it would be an excellent commuter for my 30-mile round trip to work which doesn't exceed 55mph. Well, now that you've read my rambling, here are a few pictures of my bikes in the past.

Clifs Notes for those who don't want to read: I'm Cole. I live in Perry, GA. I've owned three CBR600RR's, but currently looking for a CBR250R.\

Oh, and I stumbled across this website on www.600rr.net where I am also a member (MidnightSpeed)

BEFORE

AFTER

Sold above bike to get this Jeep - 2010 Jeep Liberty Renegade

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I like the silver one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems a bit of a blowhard to me.... Guns next?
If you're implying that I'm trying to sound better than anyone else, I'm not. I may have typed out a long introductory thread, only to give a description of my riding experience, where I am, and what I do, but in no way am I trying to brag or anything along those lines.

Michael, want me type out my gun collection with background behind each weapon? ROFL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah another rider thinking about downsizing, Welcome!
Ever since I read that Honda was releasing a FI 250 Streetbike, I was immediately interested. I have always ridden Honda sportbikes, and not interested in any others. I love the fact that the CBR250 gets 70-ish MPG. As far as downsizing goes, it doesn't bother me one bit. I love to ride, no matter what I'm on.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great looking bikes, This really is a good friendly forum with lots of helpful people. But like they say theres one in every croud. Sometimes you just have to ignore a few things and not let it bother you. Again welcome and thank you for your post

·
Registered
501 Posts
welcome. I went from a 2002 honda 650 shadow ace. weighted about 500 pounds. to a 2009 Honda crf230m, which handles ten times better than the cruiser did and it weights about 200 pounds less. now i got the cbr250r, which handles as good as the crf230m. On twisty's that is. I think smaller is better.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome. I'm keeping my big bikes, but am wanting to add the 250. :)

Enjoy the forum.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
:) I'm keeping all my big and little bikes 72 TRIUMPH TR6RV ,'92 YSR50,'99 BMW R1100S,'92 KBMW K1200RS, '09 BMW R1200HP2 SPORT, LAST BUT NOT LEST '11 HONDA CBR250R A :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
A friend of mine is interested in buying a Honda Hornet. I didn't know much about the 600 c.c. sport bikes, but they do look like a whole lot of fun. I like big bikes, but find I really can't open them up all the way. A long time ago I had a Yamaha RD400 that I could ride flat out on the back roads, and it was a blast to ride. That's why I'm intrigued by these CBR250s. Who was it who said "it's better to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"? That's not to say the 250s are slow; I think they're quite fast enough.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
A friend of mine is interested in buying a Honda Hornet. I didn't know much about the 600 c.c. sport bikes, but they do look like a whole lot of fun. I like big bikes, but find I really can't open them up all the way. A long time ago I had a Yamaha RD400 that I could ride flat out on the back roads, and it was a blast to ride. That's why I'm intrigued by these CBR250s. Who was it who said "it's better to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"? That's not to say the 250s are slow; I think they're quite fast enough.
That was me that said that line.
And yes the cbr is a very slow bike power wise, but can be ridden alot faster than its 23 hp says.. despite the budget running gear.
Its an easy bike to keep the momentum up thru the corners and very stable for a short wheelbase.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Be sure to get him a Fosters, because it's Austrailian for Beer.
Ha Fosters is crap.. as is 90% of beers, In fact Queenslanders cant spell Beer so they call it 'XXXX' (true) but its 5.40am and I'm up early for todays track day, it was 40 degrees yesterday and loooks similar for today.
(I'm gonna melt out there)

But when its finished I'll be ready for copious amounts of Bundaberg Rum cans.
cheers.

·
Registered
414 Posts
salutes to the service.
If you genuinely don't mind the down sizing get this bike. its bloody amazing, so fun to ride and you will love chucking it around the corners. for commute your doing sounds perfect. i just downsized from the honda phantom and wish i had sooner

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
salutes to the service.
If you genuinely don't mind the down sizing get this bike. its bloody amazing, so fun to ride and you will love chucking it around the corners. for commute your doing sounds perfect. i just downsized from the honda phantom and wish i had sooner
Thank You! As far as down sizing goes, it doesn't bother me one bit. I've had my share of speed and general shananigans, so I'm in the market for a good, reliable bike that gets excellent MPG's and is comfortable to ride. One of the main reasons I sold my '08 600RR was because there isn't anywhere fun to ride here in Central Georgia. There aren't any curvy roads or anything of that nature near to here. The closest 'fun' areas to ride are 3-5 hours from here, and I don't feel like hauling the bike, or riding to them. Road Atlanta isn't too far, just a 1-1/2 hour ride, but that's about it. Barber isn't too far either, I think around 3-hours?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts