Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Haven't seen this before: Too bad it is going to weigh too much. Eicma 2011
I agree. If it weighed closer to 400 lbs wet - I might be interested. I don't like heavier bikes, no matter how much power they produce. But the claimed fuel-economy certainly hits the mark. It is supposed to be similar to our CBR250R. I will have to hold out to see the real-world fuel economy figures. Insurance and maintenance costs will likely be higher. As it stands - my CBR250R is in no threat of being replaced.

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do you guys really think they'll bring the NC700s to the U.S.A.??

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Too raked out, too low, too heavy, too slow for a 700cc
Go the cb400 instead.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cb400 would be cool if we got it in the U.S. I like that it is a V2 and tuned for torque. I also really like the trunk where traditionally the gas tank would be. Says it can fit a full face helmet. Cost and weight will be two big factors in the bikes success. Japanese bikes seem so overweight compared to Italian bikes.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Honda NC700X | Ash On Bikes

First test of the new 700 twin!

As much as I love the CBR, I really miss the reserve power on the hwy. This looks like it could fill the bill. Apparently it is coming to Canada. Hum... Maybe I will go to the Toronto bike show in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Not loving it. Honda needs to come out with a mid-range cbr 400 two cylinder to bridge the gap between the 250 and 600. I'll happily hop on the band wagon then. WAHOO if they do:D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Honda NC700X | Ash On Bikes

First test of the new 700 twin!

As much as I love the CBR, I really miss the reserve power on the hwy. This looks like it could fill the bill. Apparently it is coming to Canada. Hum... Maybe I will go to the Toronto bike show in a couple of weeks.
I'm still interested in this one vs the DL650. I like the fuel mileage potential and it just looks more fun. The cbr250r is the benchmark for fun, for me now. I like the helmet holder too, not crazy about the beak on the x, but the s looks better than the Suzuki.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm still interested in this one vs the DL650. I like the fuel mileage potential and it just looks more fun. The cbr250r is the benchmark for fun, for me now. I like the helmet holder too, not crazy about the beak on the x, but the s looks better than the Suzuki.
I'm with you on the beak. It's the 'lets put a beak on it and call it an adventure bike syndrome'. They did the same thing with the Crosstour.

A can of smashed assholes looks better than the DL :D
Good bike though.

This one is pretty hefty. The weight actually surprised me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks practical. It is setup like a scooter, flattened motor, fuel under the seat(lower weight). I have an sh150i honda scooter AND the CBR250R, and to me both bikes are too heavy. Not too heavy to pick up, ride or anything, but why does a 250 have to weigh in so close to a 600 or 1000 cc sportbike. Bucks I guess, lighter cost more. Any way the scooter is about 300 lbs, but you would never guess it, because they have designed the weight so low. Pushing in the parking area or riding it, it feels light. Less weight your body has to overcome while riding. I like it, - the 700.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like the 700x will be selling in the US this spring. Was selfishly hoping for this bike to come in a couple years. Maybe too soon for me this summer, but I sure plan to take a look at one and consider a trade in...

·
Registered
619 Posts
This bike looks fun, although I may try the S version which has a slightly lower seat height and looks better. I hear it really handles well with a low CG that is significantly easier than the DL650. I'm with Bungie and would like a bit more legs for highway travel. I guess not much wind protection with their fairing set up.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The floor boarded version has the best fairing.
Looks like it has good wind protection. I doubt I will find anything that is more fun than the cbr250r and I really like the riding position. (I'm keeping the 250.) The S models have a similar riding position, but more upright and maybe more room.

The thing I don't like about most scooter designs is that it is hard to stand up with the feet forward layout. On the 700 scooter, you still have to throw a leg over and you loose the front storage. Plus it probably costs $3k more than the bikes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not loving it. Honda needs to come out with a mid-range cbr 400 two cylinder to bridge the gap between the 250 and 600. I'll happily hop on the band wagon then. WAHOO if they do:D
There are rumours here in Thailand that Honda will release a Cbr400, probably a twin..coming in March (WHICH IS WHEN THE nc700S IS DUE IN THE uk)
Hopefully find out at the end of the month at the Bangkok bike festival...

·
Registered
232 Posts
There are rumours here in Thailand that Honda will release a Cbr400, probably a twin..coming in March (WHICH IS WHEN THE nc700S IS DUE IN THE uk)
Hopefully find out at the end of the month at the Bangkok bike festival...

NOW bring that bike to CANADA (CBR400r) !!!!!! That I think would be the PERFECT bike !!!! Come on Honda ...Do it !!!!! ....Do it !!!
LOL

1 - 20 of 90 Posts