Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, Japan gets all the coolest bikes. I'm really digging this CB400 Special Edition:

From VisorDown:

HONDA today revealed a limited-edition version of its ancient-but-still-cool CB400 Super Four, but only for the Japanese market.
Just 500 of the Special Edition bikes will be made in both naked and faired “Bol D'Or” forms, going on sale in Japan next month. Despite the fact the CB400 hasn't seen a major model change since its introduction in 1992, with just occasional tweaks seeing it transform from the original NC31 form to the current NC42, it's looking better than ever.
A red frame helps transform it's style, adding an element of aggression that's missing on the stock machine.
Given the trend towards smaller, but still classy, bikes in Europe – witness the CBR250R and the rampant success of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R – you might have thought it would make sense to sell the CB400 over here, too, but at the moment it's remaining a Japan-only model, with a hefty £5800 list price for the naked version and £6300 for the Bol D'Or.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats pretty cool that they're offering it in sport bike and naked bike. Personally I've never been too big of a fan of naked bikes. Plus the windscreen helps keep your head attached to your neck when doing long rides.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Japan gets a lot of 400cc bikes due to their driving license restrictions.

Ducati released a 400cc Monster, and Kawa are about to release a 400cc version of their ninja650r.

Although I believe the latter to be released in Canada as well.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I'd like more of that everywhere.

If a 400cc is legally released in Thailand my CBR250 will be in the classifieds in seconds. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
This one reminds me of the Honda 599. I saw a few ads on CL for the 599's, but they get deleted, or bought out, quick. I'd like to see Honda make a few 400-500cc bikes for the US. Those would be perfect for everyday riding.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i am a big fan of naked bikes, i know suzuki is releasing a naked 250 in japan, south america, not in u.s. though..i havent seen the kaw yet..nice pics of the hondas though..

·
Registered
11 Posts
If they did, sales on the 600rr would plummet. lol
Honda's notorious for putting "the things we want" on different variations of the bikes. You want the "nicer" looking bike, you have to cough up some moolah.

Why the **** can't they put that kind of exhaust on our cbr ? :/

·
Registered
141 Posts
I love naked bikes! Just look at the awesome street triple.

Havent heard of the 350cc Redline. Gonna have to google that one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My local dealer uses these as their loan bikes. I took my cbr250r in for it's first service and that's what I got to take to work. They are a nice bike and have a tonne of power. It did make me think twice about my decision to get the cbr. But not having a fairing does suck it gets tiring holding yourself to the bike at speeds over 100kph

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am all for a single. Not 4 cyl, 16 valves, and definately not 4 carbs. But you can fix most carb problems on the side of the road, the only advantage. In that case I would take one carb, no more than two. Had my multis, but still love the look.

·
Registered
152 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts