Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am one happy little camper today. After passing my MOST last weekend, had a mate come round and help me fit the Ixil Carbono SO. The difference it makes to the bike is amazing. Yeah, OK so it doesn't add 100+HP or tighten up the suspension. But it does save 5 Kg on the stock exhaust and the sound... Oh, the sound. It now has a nice burble when engine breaking. It also has a lovely low-end rumble, as ozbenno said, this is about as close to Ducati sound you can get on these bikes. Add another cylinder and you'd be ******************** close.

The only problem we had getting it on was the Ixil pipe wouldn't fit over the exhaust gasket. We did try it without one, but were getting some blow-back from the slits on the header pipe. We couldn't locate a suitable gasket so in the end, we got some exhaust tape, wrapped it around the header pipe and tightened the bracket over the top of this. After a short ride to seal the tape up, no more blow-back.

I will post pictures when I head down to check the bolts for security after the test ride.

· Registered
54 Posts
I had to do essentially the same thing with my 2bros because I didn't use the header due to having no fuel controller. It would stall while engine braking, so I reinstalled the stock header for now. I had to remove some of the stock gasket for the slip tube to seat well. I do love the sound of that single roaring. I've always loved Ducati exhaust sounds. Cheers to the new exhaust man

· Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My other choice was actually going to be the 2 Bros SO, but I thought this one just had a lower, meatier sound to it. I've always loved the Ducati sound as well. My next bike (hopefully) is going to be a Ducati Monster... So I'll be grinning even more then!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.