Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, whats going on. I'm KRA5H185 (as you can already tell by my username ...duh!) I'm new to the forum, as well as motorcycles in general. Just got my permit this past weekend, and my new 2012 cbr250r (red, silver, and black). Its still at the dealer because I'm paying cash and Im about $500 short but the manager is a cool guy so he let me put some money down and he's keeping it the back garage. They're also throwing on some frame sliders on it for free for me which is nice. I pick it up next week but boy I can't wait.

I also started a channel on youtube with the same user name so check me out. Once I get the bike home I'm going to start moto vlogging so stay tuned.

Hope to one day see you guys on the road. PCE :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings KRA5H185,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New Red/Silver/Black cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Wow, lucky kid..... new rider, new bike.

How long before it gets scratched, or worse? Why didn't you start on a second-hand motorcycle?

I've only owned several motorcycles that cost $500 or less (including my ride of the past nine years) and none that cost more than $1,000....

No, I'm not jealous. I'm happy to ride what I can easily afford and don't have to worry about. If my bike gets stolen or smashed.... No problem; I can easily buy another.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Hola,

Will check out the vlogs while im bored at work sometime!

Also, you'll love the bike. It's great for beginners. Just don't be too upset if you damage it cosmetically by "laying it down" or dropping it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome, KRASH185! I'm new, too. You'll LOVE the CBR! It was my first bike and I decided I wanted what I wanted. Even though I tipped her at a stopsign the first 10 days of owning her (only scratched the muffler cover/heat shield, which I'm replacing for $40), I treat her like a rare gem. Be careful, ride strong & stay safe! OH--and CONGRATULATIONS on a excellent choice!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

How long before it gets scratched, or worse? Why didn't you start on a second-hand motorcycle?

I've only owned several motorcycles that cost $500 or less (including my ride of the past nine years) and none that cost more than $1,000....

No, I'm not jealous. I'm happy to ride what I can easily afford and don't have to worry about. If my bike gets stolen or smashed.... No problem; I can easily buy another.
How does this relate to anything? This person wanted a bike and they paid for it. Does anyone really care if the CBR gets scratched? The bike is dirt cheap and can be easily replaced. It's a learner bike and no one wants to deal with the issues that come from second hand bikes.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome, KRASH185! I'm new, too. You'll LOVE the CBR! It was my first bike and I decided I wanted what I wanted. Even though I tipped her at a stopsign the first 10 days of owning her (only scratched the muffler cover/heat shield, which I'm replacing for $40), I treat her like a rare gem. Be careful, ride strong & stay safe! OH--and CONGRATULATIONS on a excellent choice!
Thanks man. I've been riding my friends bike every once in a while (once every 3-8 weeks) so i have a bit of experience. He's got a 2006 suzuki gs500f. I've also done a ton of research and studied youtube videos which I believe has helped immensely since I havent dropped anyones bike yet (*knocks on wood*). I keep learning new things each day and keep reminding myself not to get cocky with my skills. Im a novice until my 1 year anniversary. hahaaa

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I do care if my bike gets scratched, but I get your point AOP. I'm a new rider and I bought a new bike. Pretty hard to find a used, reliable, fuel injected, 250cc bike with disk brakes that would be substantially cheaper than a new CBR250r. Plus it came with that new bike smell ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do care if my bike gets scratched, but I get your point AOP. I'm a new rider and I bought a new bike. Pretty hard to find a used, reliable, fuel injected, 250cc bike with disk brakes that would be substantially cheaper than a new CBR250r. Plus it came with that new bike smell ;)
thumbs up for that new bike smell

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome and great choice on your first bike! You will LOVE this bike, it's truly a great little machine. And don't pay attention to the few negative people on here or their comments because 99>99% of the people on here are VERY friendly and helpful. I've been on MANY forums and this is honestly one of the friendliest ones I've seen.

Hey it could be worse, you could one of the MANY spoiled punk brats that mommy and daddy goes out and buys you a brand new 600 or 1000. At least you paid for your own stuff! You'll appreciate it MUCH more and it'll make you a better adult too. Christ I'm really starting to sound like an old fart! LOL

·
Registered
628 Posts

Incredibly rude statement to someone who you know nothing about. Shame on you bud. Welcome to the forum Krash! Enjoy your new bike and the experiences to come.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
How does this relate to anything? This person wanted a bike and they paid for it. Does anyone really care if the CBR gets scratched? The bike is dirt cheap and can be easily replaced. It's a learner bike and no one wants to deal with the issues that come from second hand bikes.

Like many other experienced motorcyclists, I have learnt a lot more from owning and riding second hand machines than I would ever have on the latest tech. With a little due diligence, I have had no serious issues to deal with.

The bike might be dirt cheap and easily replaced by a USAF vet now employed as a campus security guard, but for others it costs a pretty penny.

The OP has done well to pay cash, but has to scratch a bit for the last $500. Others are paying it off, dollar down and a dollar a week. Scratches or crashes certainly do seem to be a worry for more than a few.

My present 15 year old ex-rental (of the past 9 years) cost me only $500. With just basic regular maintenance, it has a good few years left in it yet.

Call the CBR250R a learner bike if you like, but for many a quarter litre is all the bike they need. In Thailand, where it was designed and is manufactured, and some other parts where it is sold it is certainly not regarded as bike for beginners. Most people who buy one here will have already been riding for years.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Like many other experienced motorcyclists, I have learnt a lot more from owning and riding second hand machines than I would ever have on the latest tech. With a little due diligence, I have had no serious issues to deal with.

The bike might be dirt cheap and easily replaced by a USAF vet now employed as a campus security guard, but for others it costs a pretty penny.

The OP has done well to pay cash, but has to scratch a bit for the last $500. Others are paying it off, dollar down and a dollar a week. Scratches or crashes certainly do seem to be a worry for more than a few.

My present 15 year old ex-rental (of the past 9 years) cost me only $500. With just basic regular maintenance, it has a good few years left in it yet.

Call the CBR250R a learner bike if you like, but for many a quarter litre is all the bike they need. In Thailand, where it was designed and is manufactured, and some other parts where it is sold it is certainly not regarded as bike for beginners. Most people who buy one here will have already been riding for years.

Regardless of your previous statement, still no reason to leave a rude comment to someone joining the forum. Not a good impression.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

^ I won't bother reading your stupid come backs.

Go back into your hole you hobbit.

I really don't think anyone gives a remote **** as to what you think.

Feel free to message me, you 80 year old badass, so that we may continue this conversation elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts