Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I bought my first bike back in June and joining this forum with like-minded people, lol.
Gently used with very low mileage and all-black CBR250R. Excited to add miles on it and few mods along the way, but not too extreme.
Looking forward to hearing other people's experience so far.
Thanks.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
746 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
From what year?
How many miles you have?
Is your wind screen is still transparent?

The change I made concerns the levers, I bought those from AliExpress. I bought because of the color, and it turns out to me that they are also more comfortable than the originals.
I think the gold looks good on the all-black model.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Maybe you upload us here pictures of your motorcycle?

Reactions: Mory and revCBR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.
From what year?
How many miles you have?
Is your wind screen is still transparent?

The change I made concerns the levers, I bought those from AliExpress. I bought because of the color, and it turns out to me that they are also more comfortable than the originals.
I think the gold looks good on the all-black model.
View attachment 45539

Maybe you upload us here pictures of your motorcycle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine’s a 2013. Mileage was 305 when I bought it. Windshield is still clear. I want to replace this with an after-market windshield that’s bigger. That’s a nice look adding gold accent to your bike. I’m interested in replacing the levers and handlebars in the future (in red). Right now I’m having a hard time removing the screws that hold the bar end weights. I want to replace them with lever protectors.

Here’s a photo of my bike as it arrived when it was delivered to me.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Vehicle brake

·
Registered
746 Posts
Right now I’m having a hard time removing the screws that hold the bar end weights. I want to replace them with lever protectors.
Wow, you bought a second hand that looks like new.
Looks like a very well maintained motorcycle(y)
It is not a good idea to eliminate the weights.
In the Honda the weight functions like a slider. The weights rotate and this is designed to reduce damage to the motorcycle in case of skidding on the road.

I opened them because the grease dried and they could barely turn, now they turn nicely on both sides.
But if the design issue is more important to you , I'd appreciate it if you could download further pictures so we can see how it turned out for you.

Reactions: Mory

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
You need to use an impact screw driver.
Actually, one of these.
You hit end with hammer and it spins tip. The force from hammer keeps bit from slipping off screw head. Each blown from hammer spins screw about 1/8th. Takes quite many blows due to amount of threadlocker applied.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I’m interested in replacing the levers and handlebars in the future (in red). Right now I’m having a hard time removing the screws that hold the bar end weights. I want to replace them with lever protectors.
In addition to threadlocker making it difficult, make sure to only use JIS screwdrivers. There's not a single phillips screw on bike anywhere.

Using phillips screwdriver will cause tip to "cam out" or wedge itself out of screw after certain amount of torque is reached. It was designed to do this to prevent overtightening of screws on thin aluminium aircraft panels. However, when used on steel moto parts, it just causes stripped screw heads.

Use JIS screwdrivers only, you'll be able to generate way more torque without screwdriver tip slipping out and stripping screw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts