Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! New member here. Today has been a fantastic day for me. To make a short story even shorter, I put a deposit down on a red/silver cbr250r today! :D I'm freaking doing cartwheels. The dealership only had a black one in stock which was already sold. My wife and I talked with the owner of the dealership and he happened to know of another dealership that had a red/silver model in stock. Evidently they do quite a bit of business with each other so he called in a favor and secured the bike for me! He said he would go pick it up next week and let me know when it is in.

I have a feeling he will have it in before I actually have my endorsement, and to be honest I don't think I want to try and drive it home even if I did have it so I think i'm going to rent a motorcycle trailer from u-haul and just trailer it home when they get it in. Anyway just wanted to say hi and get that great news off my chest.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Congratulations! This bike is extremely fun to ride for beginners and experienced riders alike. I have owned quite a few bikes of various styles and cc's but the 250 is my first "new" bike and i think its one of the funnest i have ridden. Welcome to the forum and hurry up and get that endorsement so tou can start riding!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome! You will love this bike. Good luck and take the MSF course if you haven't already.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. I'm in AR, Little Rock area. My MSF course is scheduled for next weekend. I'm really looking forward to the class. Be lying if I said I wasn't nervous but I've been counting the days down. Signed up a couple of weeks ago and the wait is killing me haha. I'll still have to take the states written test but i'll get a waiver on the skills test for completing the BRC. I had originally just gone to the dealership to find a pair of gloves to use for the class, didn't expect to walk out with a deposit on a bike!

·
Registered
226 Posts
You've made great choices already: MSF class, proper gear and the CBR250R! :D Clearly an intelligent guy! If you're an information junkie like me, you may want to read "Proficient Motorcycling" (v.2) by David L. Hough. Great resource for riders. Good luck & welcome!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome. I just got home from a 2,400 mile ride to Harrison Arkansas, on my FZ1. You are lucky to have such wonderful roads to ride down there! :cool:

Enjoy your new bike!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome 501... (sounds like a pair of jeans) --

Best of luck with the new bike -- smart move doing the MSF class first...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome 501... (sounds like a pair of jeans) --

Best of luck with the new bike -- smart move doing the MSF class first...
Haha, It's the area code....was in a hurry and all hyped up when I created my profile so that was the best I could come up with at the time ;).

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings 501cbr,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New '12 Red/Silver cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Called the dealership today and my bike should be in either tomorrow or friday. The rest of my gear is coming in friday and I should be able to get my endorsment by Monday....so if all goes according to my master plan i'll be terrorizing the parking lots come next week :D ... that is unless these thunderstorms in the forecast cause a problem with the MSF class schedule this weekend. In that case I guess i'll just have to put all my gear on and go ride my bicycle around while making vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, that's awesome... (and there's more than one here that's done the vroom vroom thing, with their lids on, sitting on their bikes... in the garage).

By the way... unless the lightening is flashing all around, they do the MSF class in the rain... in the pouring down, sop you to the bone, rain... Been there... Pack a rain suit, and waterproof gloves... and good luck!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

As a brand new rider myself (three whole weeks under my belt), I can tell you that the 250R is absolutely awesome. It's the perfect bike for me, and for many others.

Take your time, go at your own pace, and above all, have fun!

Lisa

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh, and can't recommend the MSF Basic Rider Course strongly enough. Took me from only having ridden pillion on my boyfriend's bike to straddling my own, starting her up, and riding in two days. I feel confident and safe when I make practice rides on my own now. They focus heavily on safety, safety, SAFETY. Great, comprehensive course and well worth the money.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats I'm a new rider as well I've had the bike for a month and it's a blast. Have fun
Sent from my LG-C800 using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts