Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, new member here. My wife just got a 2011 slightly used CBR 250R. she just downgraded from a CBR 600RR. After being scared of that biked decided to go back to the basics and start over. So far she loves it and is very comfortable riding the smaller bike. I thought I share some picture of her bike next to mine.
Sorry about the title, forgot to clear the line, noob!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
you have the next bike i NEED ! but in black the bmws1000rr ... :eek:
nice rides buddy , me like :)
600rr is top 3 but this bike feels like a smaller version of it.
smart move on her part by "downgrading" & going back to the basics.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Good for her for making the right decision. Not always easy as I'm sure some would ask "why the hell go backward?" Good for you for supporting her in this decision. Who knows, perhaps a season or two from now she'll move back to the 600. If she doesn't, who cares! As long as she's riding, confident and having fun. 600's a powerful machine, one of my fav's and of course the Ducati 1198s. :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cbr250r not mine lol ?????

don't ride it , you might not want to give it back to her !

...lol.
nice pics :)
I've ridden it and to tell you the truth its refreshing to once in a while leave the S1000RR sitting and hop on the little 250 and rip. I love that bike. Its a lot of fun to ride, even for someone with 14 years riding experience and numerous very powerful bikes. Im very impressed by it and could not ask for more for that price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good for her for making the right decision. Not always easy as I'm sure some would ask "why the hell go backward?" Good for you for supporting her in this decision. Who knows, perhaps a season or two from now she'll move back to the 600. If she doesn't, who cares! As long as she's riding, confident and having fun. 600's a powerful machine, one of my fav's and of course the Ducati 1198s. :p
Yep, we dont care what anyone else thinks. We just care that we can ride together and be comfortable, keeping everything civil and having fun. Yes, hopefully she will go back to a bigger bike, but I have another 06 CBR600RR an 04 R1 and a '10 BMW S1000RR, so I really dont care if she wants to keep the 250 and once in a while jump on any of my other bikes. And I love that little thing, cant wait to take it to the track and see whats really made of.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Envious stable of bikes. Looks like you guys can switch it up once in awhile and have fun. Do you plan on making any mods to the 250? With the bikes you presently own prob no need.:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Envious stable of bikes. Looks like you guys can switch it up once in awhile and have fun. Do you plan on making any mods to the 250? With the bikes you presently own prob no need.:D
Not really, thats her baby and she likes her stuff to remain stock, not me, when I get something I already have parts waiting for it. When I got my car, and all my bikes, mods where already waiting. Here is my car fully modded, KW V3 coilovers, headerback exhaust, injen intake, m-tech aero kit, spoiler, alum pedals cf pilars and the list goes on and on, the bike has just a slip on, just before I installed the full race exhaust, along with adjustable lever, smoked windscreen, frame sliders, swingarm spools, engine covers etc etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
My 250 is the first bike I've wanted mods on so I am travelling along a learning curve. I've installed full Yosh exhaust, Bazzaz, frame sliders, and this winter will change levers to some shorties, powdercoat the wheels, and tidy up the tail. Love the bike and smile everytime I ride. Had to do something with the exhaust though, whether a slip on or full exhaust as I didn't like the look of it. Happy with the yosh. Know how your wife feels, my 250 is my baby as well lol Congrats to her

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds awesome. Post some pics of your bike with all the mods to show her and see if I can motivate her to do something with that ugly exhaust lol. Your bike must look sweet with all that eye candy. I think she might go for some frame sliders to protect the plastics, and thats where it all starts, hopefully.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
iridefast...here is my 250 with cowl, yosh full carbon exhaust, bazzaz z-efi, yosh frame sliders. Wheels, shorties and tail come this winter. Sorry bout my jacket on windscreen. Pic taken at track day.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i love your bike, i've been looking around for a new bike for next season. since they aren't restyling the 600rr, and bikes are getting more expensive i'm thinking of just stepping up to the s1000rr or rc8

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
i love your bike, i've been looking around for a new bike for next season. since they aren't restyling the 600rr, and bikes are getting more expensive i'm thinking of just stepping up to the s1000rr or rc8
Let me just say that those bikes are very powerful, but at the same time they are awesome. I have not ridden the RC8R yet but one of my friends already dropped a downpayment on one so I should be testing it soon. About the S1000RR, what can I say, that bike is a beast, i just went to the track on Sat and the straights dissapeared, that thing is a dream to ride fast. You wont regret it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts