Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to stop in the new member area and say hello. I work for a hydraulic manufacturer and repair company as primarily the warehouse manager, but I also service hydraulic components and build hoses as the situation calls for. I graduated with a BA in history and philosophy last May, but there are no jobs in my area for those holding this type of degree. I got married a few years prior to entering college after working and being in the military for a while.

I just bought a new CBR250R after several months of research and lurking to get as much information from forums like this one as possible.

I'm a new rider, so I have been taking things very slowly, and will for the near future until I take my MSF Course in a month or so and get my license. Basically I have just been riding up and down my street getting the hang of the controls of the bike and staying away from any traffic. I won't do any more than this until I take the class.

My bike is entirely stock with the exception of one thing, I installed a pair of Yoshimura frame sliders, which have been worth their weight in gold. I've had a few very slow speed drops (so slow I could slow the fall with my feet on the ground) while trying to get the controls down and the bike is completely unscathed thanks to the sliders.

Here is a picture of my bike taken on my cell-phone (sorry my digital camera had a dead battery)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome! There are a lot of us newbies here. I've only been riding for about a month and half myself. I took the MSF course before I took it out on the streets and I'm glad I did. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, if you don't mind, where did you take your MSF course. I'm not far from you (I read in another post just now that you are from Baton Rouge). I plan on taking the one in Hattiesburg, MS as my wife is from the nearby town of Columbia, so she can visit her folks while I take the class.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I took the classes in Gonzales Louisiana, which is about 10 miles outside of Baton Rouge. There do classes here in a bunch of locations around town.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I'm about 2 hours north east of you. Since the one in Hattiesburg is so close to my wife's family, that's the number one choice at the moment.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cool, I'm about 2 hours north east of you. Since the one in Hattiesburg is so close to my wife's family, that's the number one choice at the moment.
You'll enjoy the class. It really helped me a lot.

I hear Red Bluff is a really nice place to ride and pretty close to you. Have you ever been over there?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ibex250r, Check out the Yoshimura Frame Sliders thread in one of the parts forums. I gave in-detain information about how to install them. In short, pop of the fairings, attach the brackets, pop on the fairings, and screw in the frame slider. Very straightforward and very easy, and they work as advertised.

wOrM, Red Bluff is actually about 10 minutes from my inlaws in between where I currently live and where they live. My wife grew up in the area and my mother-in-law travels the road daily as a home-health nurse. It is a very beautiful, twisty road with lots of scenery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts