Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Kirk. I'm from Buckeye, AZ. I am currently deciding whether to buy a used 2011 ABS or a new 2012 non-ABS for about the same price. I'm leaning towards the new one just for the piece of mind that comes with knowing that I will properly break in the machine and new warranty.

I am a Honda guy for life! I currently have a 2008 Odyssey for hauling the kids around and a 2009 Fit for commuting. My past Honda list is loooooong. I've had three S2000's including a CR, five Accords, two Civics, three Acura TL's, a CRX Si, a VFR800, a VFR750, and probably some that I'm forgetting. I've also had an SV650, a GSX750, a GZ250 and my first bike was a really old Vulcan with duct tape on the seat.

My plan for the CBR250 is to re-familiarize myself with riding since I've been driving a cage exclusively for about five years now. Then I hope to get my wife on it and eventually hand it down and find myself a nice 08-09 VFR or buy another CBR250 if I love it. We tried this same plan years ago and it didn't quite work. She only went on one solo ride on the GZ after getting her endorsement and quit riding. She was terrified of traffic. She says she's ready to give it another shot.

:)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome! If it were me I'd definitely go for the newer if the prices are similar. Being that you already have a bunch of riding experience the ABS wouldn't be a huge deal for you anyway, not to mention you live in a state with almost no rain and the ABS comes in the most handy on wet roads. These bikes are a lot of fun even for a bigger guy like me and have plenty of power and get GREAT gas mileage. Good luck with your purchase whichever way you go. Oh, and my wife fell in LOVE with mine and a week later we went and got her one too! LOL

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome and good luck to you and your wife. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too live in AZ, im in Kingman, I just bought a new non-abs one since the used prices are about the same... But as long as the used one is in good shape you can save on the dealer fees and taxes :)

ps, im teaching the wife to love motorcycles on the cbr as well, I originally intended to move up to a bigger bike after she was ready to take the reigns of the 250, but I find myself thinkin that I may just buy another cbr 250, seems enough bike for me (im 6'2'' 210 lbs) and the price, insurance prices, and gas mileage are hard to beat!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts