Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,
I'm a new member to the forum. I just put down a deposit on my CBR250 Black non-ABS. I will pick it on 7/23, can't wait. It took me dozens of calls to track one down, but found an incoming one in WV. I will have a 250 mile ride back home :D, to get acquainted with my new steed. I'm not new to riding ( I used to ride a sportster) but saw this bike online and had to have it. It looks really nice. It will be my first sport bike and I'm looking forward to it. I plan to use it as my all around bike, even touring since it gets high MPG.

have fun outhere!!

·
745 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Try to find a non-Interstate route home, and vary the RPM frequently as the Owner's manual recommends. You've got the same bike I do, and i love mine!

·
281 Posts
Ibex! Welcome to the forum, we will look forward to hearing a ride report and your impressions of your new CBR250. Your tenacity in locating a bike has been rewarded!

·
Registered
13 Posts
im from MD too! I'm near the rockville area. I rode mine back from Woodbridge, VA. Was super scary but one of the most fun moments of my life! Good luck! You shouldn't have a problem the cbr250 is surprisingly easy to ride!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im from MD too! I'm near the rockville area. I rode mine back from Woodbridge, VA. Was super scary but one of the most fun moments of my life! Good luck! You shouldn't have a problem the cbr250 is surprisingly easy to ride!

Cool, I'm hoping to find more 250 riders in the area to set up a ride at some point, I'm near Takoma Park.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello, I'm located in Silver Spring. And, I have been enjoying a black non-ABS. I look forward to getting a crew together. There is a lot of bumper to bumper traffic during commuting hours. But, nights and weekends are a great time to enjoy yourselves.

Ride safe!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
By the way. I know a Honda dealer who has 2 in stock, just delivered currently. And, they offer incentives to buyers. Try Dan (855-777-6528) at Honda Powersports of Rockville. Please let him know that you got the word from the CBR250 Forum.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CT Yankee,

I checked them out and there are NO incentives, rather they are charging freight + set up. Tha'ts a total of $560 on top of tax and doc fees. Buyer be "aware"
Some dealers charge only freight, the bike is so hot right now I don't know if anyone has gotten one MSRP, tax and docs only.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got mine for 3999.99 + Tax (248.88) + Documentation (149.00) + Registration(95.00) From Motorsports Nation in Plainfield, CT. So 4491.88 out the door.

So, its just your guy's dealers that are trying to make extra on the bike.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On June 22, 2011 I bought a Red ABS bike in South Mississippi for 4,199 + $10 title + $50 State Trauma Fee + $293 State sales tax =$4,552 :) out the door. It was only 70 miles from where I live.

The dealers website still displays it for $4,199 and in stock and they were true to their word.

I put my deposit down 3 weeks before they got their 1st ABS bike and I got it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts