Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just traded in my 2006 Vulcan 500 for a Black CBR250R yesterday. Expecting delivery on Wednesday, the 5th. I could have gotten a Ninja for a few hundred less but the fuel injection of the CBR was the selling point. For the type of riding that I will be doing with it, i dont think a giving up a little top end speed would hurt.

Can't wait to start riding that little beast. Anybody from the Raleigh area here??? We need to get together and ride our 250s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Traded an 04 Harley Fat Boy for mine about two weeks ago. I got the Red/Silver Abs version. I can't even put into words how much more fun this bike is to ride then the Harley.

Congrats on your new toy!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Just traded in my 2006 Vulcan 500 for a Black CBR250R yesterday.

Can't wait to start riding that little beast. Anybody from the Raleigh area here??? We need to get together and ride our 250s.
Welcome to the sport rider Lifestyle!

I sold my sportster 883 and immediately after pulled the trigger on a black 250, and don't regret it at all :D

I'm from MD/DC metro and would not mind dropping down to NC for a 250 ride if there are some worth while twisties down there and some micro breweries.

Oh I think she is more of a beauty than a beast :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...

I will post some pictures as soon as it is delivered to me. Its only Monday and I still have 2 days of waiting to do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's now Tuesday. I will call them later to see if they can deliver today. Luckily, I'm very busy at work today and wold not have much time thinking about it.:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Got my bike around 6pm today and went through a walk-around with the dealer rep that delivered the bike to me. He was very knowledgeable about the bike and everything went well. The bike had 1.3 miles after they tested it at the dealership.

I took a ride right after he left. The clutch felt very nice. I'm surprised at the low end response. It is not overly powerful but has enough power to get me going from a stop light without having to worry that cars behind me would run over me.

0-60 was pretty quick shifting at around 5.5K to the next gear. I'm loving this bike. Only put about 6 miles on it as it was almost dark and did not wear a jacket. I was so excited I just grabbed my helmet and rode.

Overall, it was a fun first ride but very short.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts