Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greatings to all, from the year round riding state of Florida.

Looking to replace my 2001 Kawasaki ZR-7s (750cc) with something smaller. Like the CBR 250R.

I also have a 1999 Honda Rebel VQR234se (CMX250C).

Been riding since the age of 14. Now in my Golden Years at age of 67.

Turn wrenches for 50 years. The last 25 on Cadillacs. Now Retired.

I'm also a member on Rebel250.com, with the same username.

Looking forward to interacting with the Members of this Forum.

So enough about my Introduction.

Time to explore, read and see if I can offer some information about small displacement Honda Motorcycles.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It would be great to live in Florda and be able to ride all year. I live in Michigan und were getting snow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome. I'm in Lake Placid,FL, where is Sunset Harbor? I'm near your age, been riding as long. The little CBR is the best bike I've ever ridden, let alone owned. Light, nimble, and more than quick enough. Last tank of fuel gave 81+ mpg. Love FI. If you are near Winter Haven, the Powersport dealer there is the place to go, I got mine in early May, the local dealer is just now getting a few. You won't be sorry if you get one.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome Soul Searcher, hope you get a little cbr and love it like we do.

Must go to Florida some day to buy a US built trailerboat to send back here.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Location, Location, Location.

Welcome. I'm in Lake Placid,FL, where is Sunset Harbor? I'm near your age, been riding as long. The little CBR is the best bike I've ever ridden, let alone owned. Light, nimble, and more than quick enough. Last tank of fuel gave 81+ mpg. Love FI. If you are near Winter Haven, the Powersport dealer there is the place to go, I got mine in early May, the local dealer is just now getting a few. You won't be sorry if you get one.
Greetings Carl,
My location is about 15 miles south of Ocala,Fl. When looking at a map. From Ocala, go due south on Hwy 441. Look on the east side of Hwy 441 when you pass thru Belleview. You will see a lake called Lake Weir. Locate the south end of the lake. You have found my location, within 1 mile.

I had a great time the last 6 years on my Rebel. I've been waiting for Honda to manufacture a Fuel Injected 250. They are a lot easier to tweak, than a carburated engine.

I've read on the Forum, about some Owners that aren't quite happy with the stock gearing. I've spent the last 6 years working with final drive gearing on the Rebel. Finally found a set that works great for me. I've put 30,000 miles on my final selection. It's been tested in the Great Smokey Mountains, the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas, the North Georgia Mountains and a few passes on the Tail of the Dragon.

I ordered a service manual from Helm Inc today. It should provide me with the technical information I'm seeking.

Glad to be in contact with other Riders who enjoy the pleasure of Two Wheels.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings Ibex250R,

Thanks for the Welcome.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another Item on your to do List.

Welcome Soul Searcher, hope you get a little cbr and love it like we do.

Must go to Florida some day to buy a US built trailerboat to send back here.
When I do get a cbr, would that qualify as moving up. I have no doubt, that I will love to ride and enjoy it, as much as I do my Rebel.

When you visit Florida. You can spend months, looking for the Boat of your choice. No shortage of inventory here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Soul.....
I know where you are at - am just south of you in Bushnell....welcome to the forums..

the cbr250 is a great bike - you wont be disappointed! This was my first and I def made the right decision - if your still in the market - Ridenow Powersports of Ocala or SouthernHonda just outside of Clermont are 2 nice places to go - I went to both when i was in the market - the staff at both locations weren't pushy and very accommodating with what i was looking for..

See ya around the block my man.....

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Long time for Reply.

Welcome to the forum. It would be great to live in Florda and be able to ride all year. I live in Michigan und were getting snow.
Greetings 250 Tom,

Sorry for the long time to reply. Both my Desk Top and Laptop got a real bad case of the Internet Viruses. After a self taught crash course in the Windows Operating System. I'm finally back on line with the Desk top. Now the Laptop is still in and out of a coma. It's still a work in process.

I've spent some years in the cold climates. The last time I moved back to Florida, I promised myself that I would never leave again. Ii's hard for me to comprehend the long Winters that so many people endure each year. Hope you the best in dealing with the fridged temperatures of Winter. I know that you will be looking for Spring to arrive a little earlier this year.

Thanks again for the Welcome 250 Tom.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hello there Soul Searcher - You must have started riding the year the Honda Cub was introduced; the year before I started school (age five in New Zealand).

What was the first bike you rode?

I started riding on the farm in 1965 on a CT90, an off road variant of the Cub. I guess you could call it a dual-sport, with its dual range gear box. I got my Driving Licence a few weeks after I turned 15 four years later, on the same bike.

Here's a hint to sort out your computer problems..... get an Apple Mac Mini. I did, and have not regretted it. Just like a modern motorcycle, it doesn't take much knowledge or effort to keep a Mac running sweetly.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Neighbor,

Hey Soul.....
I know where you are at - am just south of you in Bushnell....welcome to the forums..

the cbr250 is a great bike - you wont be disappointed! This was my first and I def made the right decision - if your still in the market - Ridenow Powersports of Ocala or SouthernHonda just outside of Clermont are 2 nice places to go - I went to both when i was in the market - the staff at both locations weren't pushy and very accommodating with what i was looking for..

See ya around the block my man.....
Greetings Beare3,

Glad to hear from a near by Fellow Honda Rider. I've visited your location many times over the years. Maybe we can arrange a face to face, meet and greet.

The Honda Dealership of Ocala is where I purchase all of my parts. I know some of the sales staff. I consider them as a no pressure Dealership. I've had nothing but first class treatment from all of the personell at Honda Powersports of Ocala.

I'm looking forward to the purchase of a cbr250r. From all that I have read about the Thumper. It should be a very enjoyable motorcycle.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another Dedicated Two Wheeler,

Hello there Soul Searcher - You must have started riding the year the Honda Cub was introduced; the year before I started school (age five in New Zealand).

What was the first bike you rode?

I started riding on the farm in 1965 on a CT90, an off road variant of the Cub. I guess you could call it a dual-sport, with its dual range gear box. I got my Driving Licence a few weeks after I turned 15 four years later, on the same bike.

Here's a hint to sort out your computer problems..... get an Apple Mac Mini. I did, and have not regretted it. Just like a modern motorcycle, it doesn't take much knowledge or effort to keep a Mac running sweetly.
Greetings Michael,

Started riding a two wheeled motorized vehicle in the Spring of 1959, at the age of 14. It was a Sears, 49cc two speed, two stroke Moped. If my memory serves me correctly. It was manufactured by Puch in the Republic of Austria. I was King of the Hill in my small community. As a teenager, Life could not be greater.

I hear you on the Mac Computer. Believe me, it's on my Wish List. Remindes me of the difference between a VW Bug and a Porsche. Hope springs eternal, for the young at Heart.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Getting to Know the Members,

Welcome aboard matey. :)
Greetings Wynne G Oldman,

Glad to be aboard. Lots of Information, Tips and Tricks to read on this Forum. I'm sure I'll have something to Contribute.

I've enjoyed a lot of programs on TV about your country. A whole different way of Life for me to Learn.

May the Wind always be in your face and your eyes on the Sky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the lead! I had been searching!

Carl, I've been searching seriously for the last few weeks and then skimmed this post from the new member in Florida. I called Stuart at Winter Haven and long story short, I'm heading there tomorrow to pick up my 2011 (new) black CBR250. I wont be able to sleep tonight. Thank you for the lead and mentioning that place. Its a little over 100 miles from my place in Stuart/Port St. Lucie (SE coast just north of West Palm) but worth it for a dealer that still has a few.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Wait...you can afford a Mac Mini, but you can't afford jeans or closed-toed shoes or anything resembling proper biking apparel? And you call me a squid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
UPDATE: Picked up my brand new (2011) Black CBR250 yesterday. I love it! Just a few miles on it so far, but I have enjoyed each and every one of them. My wife is even thinking about the safety course and learning to ride. Looking forward to many more happy miles and trails to explore!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have never had a descent experience with ride now. They were always rude, pushy and just pigs all around. I'm not the type of person to complain or get offended by people but I will never step foot in any of their stores ever again

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Joyus Feeling of a New Ride.

UPDATE: Picked up my brand new (2011) Black CBR250 yesterday. I love it! Just a few miles on it so far, but I have enjoyed each and every one of them. My wife is even thinking about the safety course and learning to ride. Looking forward to many more happy miles and trails to explore!
Greetings sgarrett,

Congratulation on your new cbr. Welcome to the World of two wheeling.

Hope you get the wife to persure the safety course and learn to ride. Will make your riding much more enjoyable with a riding partner.

Anotherr plus for us living in the Sunshine State. Year round riding.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts