Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been scouring the forum for a few days now for some very useful info. I recently picked up a project - 2013 model for $800 that the previous owner rode it twice a year ago when it stopped working. Weak battery, faulty starter solenoid, bad fuel pump, and the motor was seized from sitting over a year. Tank is outside soaking, solenoid and fuel pump will arrive in the next day, and I broke the motor free. Jumped the terminals on the old solenoid and got the starter to spin for a split second and I had soaked and hand washed the fuel pump assembly - it was gnarly. The poor guy had taken it to someone for an oil change. He took a few months to get to it and would not start after sitting in his garage. This wanna-be mechanic (scammer) told him it needed a new fuel pump... He paid for it, but he obviously got scammed. It's been well dropped.... I mean loved :) I'm on the fence weather I want to make it into my little commuter or if I want to get back out on the track. I'll figure that out later.

I've been without a motorcycle for a few years, so I'm looking forward to getting this running again and having been around the forum enough, I wanted to introduce myself and share my little project. See y'all around.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

Good luck with your project. The chain and front sprocket also look like good candidates for replacement.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. :)

Good luck with your project. The chain and front sprocket also look like good candidates for replacement.
Thanks!

That will be an easy replacement since I’ve got the motor out anyway :) Troubleshooting led me to discover some significant wear. I will continue disassembling to determine if it’s worth to rebuild or replace the motor altogether.

Product Wood Sleeve Material property Magenta

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I wonder whether that oil change scammer put the filter in backwards (it fits in nicely both ways). That will starve the top end of the engine of oil....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder whether that oil change scammer put the filter in backwards (it fits in nicely both ways). That will starve the top end of the engine of oil....
Piston rod was entirely seized - can even see areas of discoloration on the crank from the heat. That bearing is no more! Pictures in my other thread if you want to see.

Is my engine bad?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts