Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAaaaaay!!!!! I have finally booked a cbr after waiting for almost 2 months. Im so **** happy XD....
I and my dad went to a showroom and saw a red cbr ready for delivery to a customer and i was left jaw dropped. I always wanted and preferred a black one but seeing the red i am totally confused. I have now booked a black standard 250r but my dad is saying to take a red one. I cant make up my mind at all now. I know this red vs black has already been discussed in a previous thread but still i cant make up my mind. Please help :eek:.I'l get it within 15 days.

1 thing i wanted to ask is that do we get the fuel mileage from the start itself or does it increase after getting it serviced?
and secondly, what are those small rod like things called which fit near the fairings, for preventing damage if ever the bike falls down and how much do they cost :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congratulations on the bike. No matter which color you end up getting, there is no doubt you will love it. I have the red but liked the black as well. In my situation a red one was available and a black one was not...so I got the red. Having said that, if they were both available, I probably would still have bought the red model.

The items you are asking about are called frame sliders. Search the forum, several discussions and pics of other member's installation.

Ride safe.

·
1,305 Posts
awesome, welcome.

i picked black.... dunno why.. my wife has suggested some reason, but i'll keep it off site.:p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank u ppl... Ive currently booked black silver, i really wished the rims were also black but the silver are also fine with me

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi I got the Red/Silver One. Black (here its Black/Silver) looks nice too, but then again there are Many Black Bikes. I had a black one before and never regretted the change to red/silver. The CBR250R is simply a beauty in red ( and easier to keep clean :D)

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Welcome to ze forum. And congrats on buying a great, fun little bike.

I've 18k+ km on mine and it still gives me a grin each and every ride. :)

Personally I like black. I think the silver bits suck. So painted my rims and muffler cover black too.

I think it makes it look way better.

Three Pagoda Pass. Thai/Burmese Border.

Cheap and easy. I'd recommend that, but each to their own. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome pics man..... I really wanted to do the same thing.This was the 1st idea that came to my mind... get an all black cbr with black rims but with blue rim stripes:D... Red looks awesome but i generally dont prefer red coz blue is my favorite. I never buy red things(dont know y) BUT my dad wants me to buy the red cbr so i am telling the dealer to get a red cbr.

Does any 1 know where can i get frame sliders in india?. I've been checking on the net but found some quite expensive ones :eek:.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Awesome pics man..... I really wanted to do the same thing.This was the 1st idea that came to my mind... get an all black cbr with black rims but with blue rim stripes:D... Red looks awesome but i generally dont prefer red coz blue is my favorite. I never buy red things(dont know y) BUT my dad wants me to buy the red cbr so i am telling the dealer to get a red cbr.

Does any 1 know where can i get frame sliders in india?. I've been checking on the net but found some quite expensive ones :eek:.
Your dad just wants you around a bit longer. Red is seen better by other drivers. Might save your bacon. I still have people pulling out in front of me on my red one, but I can't fathom riding a black one at night. Invisible is NOT what I want to be, that is for sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To me the red one looks bigger.:) right now i havent told my gf about it. Im waiting to see her expression as ive told that im buying some other 150cc bike which she dosent like at all :p

·
Registered
385 Posts
Redline -
That second picture makes we want to visit Thailand. Freakin amazing. Snakes are my other hobby - I here you still have quite a few in the wilder areas.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I still have people pulling out in front of me on my red one, but I can't fathom riding a black one at night. Invisible is NOT what I want to be, that is for sure.

Skene Design Motorcycle Visibility Lights

I am with you on this one..black on black is pretty but I wanted to have higher visibility, plus i think the red is just prettier IMHO......I haven't had one person pull out in front of me on my red one since installing these...well, one person partially did but then braked with half my lane blocked..i rode around him easy....i always wear my red,black,silver fieldsheer riding jacket too for higher visibility during the day, but especially at night (reflective piping) I see people all the time on black motorcycles wearing all black.....i can hardly see them against the background in the middle of the day

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You dont think the red is a little ghey?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts