Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just joined the forum. I'm an older guy that didn't ride for to many years. About three years ago I bought a 1982 Honda Silverwing with hard bags and box. I sold that and bought a 2004 Yamaha V-Star 1100. This was the first cruiser I ever owned and I never got used to the sitting position. A couple of friends and I went on a 950 mile ride. I had a hard time getting home my butt hurt me so much. As soon as I got home I sold this bike. It was also to heavy for me. I bought a 2003 Kawasaki Concourse. I put a GIVI 52L box on it. I like the bike very much. I just feel it is to much bike for me. The more I learn about the CBR250R the more I like it.

I'm thinking about putting soft bags and the 52L Givi box on the CBR250R. I'm quite sure the maximum load weight for the CBR250R was 384 pounds. My wife and I weigh about 325 pounds total so we could carry about 40 to 45 pounds. I haven't read of anyone else putting bags and a box on the CBR250R. In the Philippines we often see 125cc bikes carrying 3 and 4 people. As long as I was very careful with the load limit I don't think I would have any problems putting the bags and box on the CBR250R. Please share your thoughts on this with me.

We spend about 3 or 4 months a year in Michigan. My wife will be with me about half of the time on the bike. I hope for both of us to go on some longer short trips lasting 2 to 4 days riding maybe 300 to 400 miles a day.

I'm also thinking about buying the Honda Wave 110i for the Philippines. This might be a much better choice that the CBR250R, thou I like the CBR250R much better.

I hope down the road my wife and I will be able to meet many of you.

Ride safe my friends.
bud_44 :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome aboard matey. I personally wouldn't use this bike for 2 up touring, it would just be too uncomfortable for the pillion, and the bike would be struggling under full load too much for it to be enjoyable. It'd be OK 1 up, but anything more than short trips 2 up is pushing it, in my opinion.
I agree, have you rode one of these bikes yet? You really need to it would be to much for the bike and you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts