Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I bought a brand new 2012 Honda CBR250R on Tuesday and found this website. My name is John and I'm 24. I'm active duty Air Force and stationed in California.

My first bike was an 07 Triumph Daytona 675 that I had for about a year while stationed in Germany. Now that I'm back to the US, and married, money is a little bit tighter. :rolleyes:

But anyways, I got sick of paying $60/week in gas and decided to get a CBR250R, and now I'm here.

Tonight I bought some goodies off of Tyga Performance after finding out about them from here. I'll post some more pictures of the bike as it progresses and the weather gets nicer!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Sweet.

Thanks for your service brah

Nice to see a fellow Airman on the site.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome, N7 CBR! You made an excellent choice in bike and forum. There's a great sense of knowledge sharing and support here.

My sincerest appreciation for your service to protect our freedom! THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings N7 CBR,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future, from a fellow Airman.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congrats on the 'upgrade.' ;)

And, thanks for the service, bro...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I got kind of drunk last night and went on an online shopping spree for the bike. :p
I picked up a Hotbodies fender eliminator kit, smoked windscreen, CF tank protector & gas cap insert, flush mount front turn signals, and some misc. accents like engine oil caps and what not.

Today, when I went to mow the yard, I took a look at the bike and decided that until I buy a new exhaust, I'll atleast paint the heat shield. So I sanded it down with some 150 and then 600, cleaned it up and sprayed it with some heat resistant paint. It turned out pretty decent.

Now I just can't wait for my parts to arrive. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I got kind of drunk last night and went on an online shopping spree for the bike. :p
I picked up a Hotbodies fender eliminator kit, smoked windscreen, CF tank protector & gas cap insert, flush mount front turn signals, and some misc. accents like engine oil caps and what not.

Today, when I went to mow the yard, I took a look at the bike and decided that until I buy a new exhaust, I'll atleast paint the heat shield. So I sanded it down with some 150 and then 600, cleaned it up and sprayed it with some heat resistant paint. It turned out pretty decent.

Now I just can't wait for my parts to arrive. :D
Looks good! Luckily for you, many of the ordered parts are probably already in Cali! I'm waiting on an Icon Primer tank bag that is being shipped coast to coast!

I'd upgrade to an aftermarket exhaust asap! 2Bros M2 sounds excellent but there are many choices!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for your service and welcome to the forum and our California cibby community! Does N7 relate to mass effect? If so that'd be pretty cool haha.

·
Registered
158 Posts
^ Yee! Haha I have yet to play 3. Too much time spent of my new bike. I hope its the same with you! And I too look forward to the modification pics. I'm waiting til my first service to do anything drastic (ie full exhaust, new ecu map, etc).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts