Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everybody,

I am a brand new rider residing in New York City who had placed a deposit on a CBR250RA a couple of months ago. This forum was essential in making me decide to get a CBR250. As I have waited for my bike to come in, I have ordered all of my riding gear.

I had taken and passed the MSF for my license in October but I am worried about how much of the training I have retained. In addition, I am growing inpatient for my bike as the dealer had told me it would come in mid April and it is now May...

Hopefully I can start riding soon! I look forward to learning from all of you here.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm in jersey city. Send me a pm after you get your bike, we should go for a ride.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome. Hope you get your bike soon. Don't worry, you won't remember everything from the course right away, but it will start coming back to you very quickly. Maybe you can borrow a friend's bike for some parking lot practice or something.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Greetings Everybody,

I am a brand new rider residing in New York City who had placed a deposit on a CBR250RA a couple of months ago.
The ABS is a great feature for riders in rainy areas but they are very rare to come by. If your selling dealer isn't a powerhouse dealer it could be a long wait. You might need to make some calls to see if a bigger dealer has one in stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey there
I'm in NYC too. I've got a tri-color Cbr that I purchased here in NY. L.I.C to be exact. I was lucky enough to get one of the first ones out of the dealer. However, I still did get a lot of BS on the arrival date of my bike. Hopefully it wont be much longer for you.
Maybe I'll see you around

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
When your bike arrives, haunt the parking lots for awhile and you will find that what you learned will come back. No rule dictates you HAVE to have your maiden launch onto a busy thoroughfare. Take your time, consider your comfort level and remember to have fun. Also. "May the Force Be With You" riding in NY lol You'll advance to "pro" status quickly:D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome! And you could pay me to drive an armored car through NYC let alone a motorcycle! LOL You're a LOT braver than I am. Sounds like you got stuck with a real scumbag dealer that's giving you a huge run around. I read your other post about that ordeal and you have my condolences. I was very fortunate for both of our bike purchases. Walked in, picked out which one we wanted, worked out the details with our credit union and picked up the bikes two days later. It's actually really surprising too that my local dealer, which is a small town dealer and has a very small shop, has at least two CBR 250's all the time and has a nice 2012 tri color abs right now(It was actually there when I got mine too). Plus they sell them for msrp + t.t.t and that's it, no markup or BS charges like setup and other stuff.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings Armored Tech,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New '12 ABS cbr. A+ on the MSF Course. Hopefully you won't have long to wait for your new Ride. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts