...so I've got a confession to make. Two days after my MSF course I picked up an '08 Ninja 250 and had the Honda dealer refund my CBR deposit. In the end it came down primarily to price. It was a decision between $5k for a new CBR or $3k for a used Ninja with insurance also cheaper on the Ninja due to its age. Well, that and I was able to get the Ninja 2 weeks before the CBR would have come in
If I was planning on keeping the bike for longer than a year or two I would have absolutely stuck with the CBR, but seeing as I'll probably upgrade within 18 months I decided the price difference wasn't justifiable. I guess I'll have to live without EFI for now.
I'm still a proud defender of the 250 crowd, and I'd be happy to meet up for rides if you guys and gals don't mind riding with a Kawi