Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally had time to take some pics and get them loaded. Maybe because it is a rainy/stormy weekend here in So. Cal. and I'm not out riding.

Saddlemen (saddlemen.com) borrowed my CBR250R to create a line of custom seats. In return I received my own custom seat. It (of course) took longer than originally planned - so I got 2 seats and a tail bag (woohoo!!).

Since I am vertically challenged, I was really looking forward to the low seat. I rode on it for about 80 miles last weekend. I made 2 stops and sitting bones were already starting to feel it. This took less than 30 miles - mostly freeway.

The regular seat worked much better for me. Instead of being on my tip toes, I gained about 1/2" or so and now I get a bit more of my toes on the ground. Enough to give me a bit more confidence when riding. I just put that one back on the bike and will have to wait until next weekend to take it out.

I really like the tail bag (they call it a tunnel bag).

If you decided to order a seat, you can choose any color you want. Since my CBR is black, I went with the carbon fiber look material. They also covered the pillion seat for me.

Hope this is useful and enjoy the pics!

-Allyson-

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
260 Posts
Their site shows nothing for the CBR250R from what I see. Got a link ?

I finally had time to take some pics and get them loaded. Maybe because it is a rainy/stormy weekend here in So. Cal. and I'm not out riding.

Saddlemen (saddlemen.com) borrowed my CBR250R to create a line of custom seats. In return I received my own custom seat. It (of course) took longer than originally planned - so I got 2 seats and a tail bag (woohoo!!).

Since I am vertically challenged, I was really looking forward to the low seat. I rode on it for about 80 miles last weekend. I made 2 stops and sitting bones were already starting to feel it. This took less than 30 miles - mostly freeway.

The regular seat worked much better for me. Instead of being on my tip toes, I gained about 1/2" or so and now I get a bit more of my toes on the ground. Enough to give me a bit more confidence when riding. I just put that one back on the bike and will have to wait until next weekend to take it out.

I really like the tail bag (they call it a tunnel bag).

If you decided to order a seat, you can choose any color you want. Since my CBR is black, I went with the carbon fiber look material. They also covered the pillion seat for me.

Hope this is useful and enjoy the pics!

-Allyson-

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry - don't have any other link. They just finished and probably haven't updated their web-site yet. Give them a call. The two sales guys I worked with are Richard and Jerry.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking for this exact thing and I think this looks great.
It also comes on/off easily. There is a Velcro piece that attaches to the pillion seat. Set the bag on the Velcro patch and attach 3 straps. There are also 2 straps from the bag to the passenger pegs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not had any issues with scratches. There are D rings on the bottom that I have tucked in so they don't hang down and scratch. The material seems soft enough that it hasn't left any marks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks like a great bag. Too bad they don't give the internal dimensions. I can't calculate if it will hold what I want to put in there with just external dimensions. :confused:
15" x 17.5" exterior could end up being 13" x 15.5" (or less) interior depending on the materials and the way it was built. And that 11" H sure isn't measured in the middle of the bag, which ends up making the height measurement pretty much useless. I'd call it deceptive, except they include enough pictures that one can guess that the useful height is < 6", and maybe as little as 4".
For $120 I expect enough information to make an informed decision, not a guesstimate. I'll pass for now, even though it looks like the answer to all my searching. :(

FAIL.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have not had any issues with scratches. There are D rings on the bottom that I have tucked in so they don't hang down and scratch. The material seems soft enough that it hasn't left any marks.

could you take a picture from the seat area, looking back towards the back of the bike. showing where the sides of the bag rest at when on the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts